You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 06:37 AM   #21

I ve just opened the safe and I m now stuck in front of William.
I ve already tried everything but he wont let me go.
What I have to show him?
Old 02-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #22

Examine more carefully the artwork guide.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:47 AM   #23

I've just been at Trollglade 2. Entered the home with ladder and took a look at the diary.
Now I m back at home, just woke up, and Arthur said he has to meet with William, but I can t find him anywhere. Where is he? Or what I have to do now?
Old 02-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #24

Did you meet David? If you didn't, restore an earlier save and search more carefully the house you entered with the ladder. You must meet someone called David in a secret room there.
This is probably the worst bug in the game.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakkiola View Post
I've just been at Trollglade 2. Entered the home with ladder and took a look at the diary.
Now I m back at home, just woke up, and Arthur said he has to meet with William, but I can t find him anywhere. Where is he? Or what I have to do now?
Hey there guys, thanks for being so supportive of this game and those taking a crack at it!

Apart from the assist for the safe (thank you!), I've managed to get around on my own so far, although I've embarrassingly hit a point where I'm stuck and going in circles for the last hour. I'm trying to make my way to Trollglade 2... but in which direction do I go? I've been all over town, through the cemetery, through the antique shop, everywhere I know, no clue what to do...
Old 02-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #26

I did not meet David. I ll go back there looking for him before restore an earlier save.
Thank you

To go to Trollglade 2 you have to drive the truck in the backyard.
You need before the truck's key (hint: police station).
Old 02-19-2012, 03:11 AM   #27

No bug, I found David and I m going on.
Now I m wondering what was guarded by a fool?
Old 02-19-2012, 04:45 AM   #28

Quote:
No bug, I found David and I m going on.
Now I m wondering what was guarded by a fool?
Think back to earlier in the game, something about a trade-in for a bottle of whiskey...?

(Thanks for the assist, now it's my turn. Hope it's not too abstract.)

And for some added mystery, have a good look around Trollglade 2...
Old 02-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by klutz2k View Post
Think back to earlier in the game, something about a trade-in for a bottle of whiskey...?

(Thanks for the assist, now it's my turn. Hope it's not too abstract.)

And for some added mystery, have a good look around Trollglade 2...
I remember something about a trade with 2 bottle of whiskey, but that's all.
Please give me a hint less abstract
About Trollglade2 I think I've already looked everywhere, I found the gravestone, but I didnt find The David's body (because I think he shot himself). What else?
Old 02-20-2012, 03:14 AM   #30

Quote:
I remember something about a trade with 2 bottle of whiskey, but that's all.
Please give me a hint less abstract
About Trollglade2 I think I've already looked everywhere, I found the gravestone, but I didnt find The David's body (because I think he shot himself). What else?
The gravestone was the mystery I was referring to, it was at least for me when I came across it. I must admit, I did get immersed in the world of Dark Secrets despite the simple controls and crude animations, the game has a certain charm...

The item you seek is in your inventory, it belonged to your father who left it "guarded by a fool"...
Old 02-20-2012, 04:05 AM   #31

Quote:
The gravestone was the mystery I was referring to, it was at least for me when I came across it. I must admit, I did get immersed in the world of Dark Secrets despite the simple controls and crude animations, the game has a certain charm...

The item you seek is in your inventory, it belonged to your father who left it "guarded by a fool"...
If you're talking about the art guide I ve already thought about that. I've tried to present it in every mode to Anna but she continues to say she doesn t get it
Please be clear like water about it, use spoiler if you want.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:50 AM   #32
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Default Stuck trying to read note - look through the light???

Can anyone help me out here please? I'm stuck at the part where Arthur receives a phone call with info about his dad's death. Some guy on the phone says to read his note and look through the light (or something like that). Any ideas which note he means? And where's the light?
I thought it was the note you find on the floor after the house has been broken into so I tried using it with the desk lamp but no luck?

Am I totally off track here?
Old 02-20-2012, 06:33 AM   #33

Hello...

I have talked to Charlie about the rabbit and Charlie went home, and now I am stuck.

I read a place that William should be outside of the museum, but he isn't, he is still inside and won't talk to me without enough evidence about the Musicbox...

Can anyone help me?
Old 02-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71 View Post
Can anyone help me out here please? I'm stuck at the part where Arthur receives a phone call with info about his dad's death. Some guy on the phone says to read his note and look through the light (or something like that). Any ideas which note he means? And where's the light?
I thought it was the note you find on the floor after the house has been broken into so I tried using it with the desk lamp but no luck?

Am I totally off track here?
Looking through the "ransom"-type Mystery Letter with a desk lamp (such as the one on your father's desk or the police station) should do the trick, it will reveal the next step of the journey. At least it worked for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisser50 View Post
Hello...

I have talked to Charlie about the rabbit and Charlie went home, and now I am stuck.

I read a place that William should be outside of the museum, but he isn't, he is still inside and won't talk to me without enough evidence about the Musicbox...

Can anyone help me?
I recall reading about a potential bug earlier where William does not appear in front of the museum when he's supposed to, I don't know if you've run into this situation...

I'm afraid I don't completely remember the order in which I accomplished tasks in the game, although I remember being done with William completely before going to speak with Charlie, and on the way back he was standing outside the museum.

Have you convinced him yet of the authorship of the music box?
Old 02-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #35

Quote:
Have you convinced him yet of the authorship of the music box?
No, that's the problem.. I finished talking to Charlie, but i can't talk to William
Old 02-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #36

Quote:
No, that's the problem.. I finished talking to Charlie, but i can't talk to William
If it's a terminable bug, I'd suggest reloading a save game prior to your conversation with Charlie and speak with William first (although it really shouldn't matter, but bugs are bugs for a reason). I just hope you have a savegame...

However, I have a feeling that if you have that conversation with William about the music box and complete that part (within the museum), the natural order of things will fall back into place and William will appear outside the museum for the next relevant part of the conversation. At least I hope.

What do I remember about that...? You got all the pieces for the music box, otherwise you couldn't have completed your discussion with Charlie and found out about the bunnies. Did you show William the newspaper clipping? The two books you've got in your inventory?
Old 02-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #37

Quote:
What do I remember about that...? You got all the pieces for the music box, otherwise you couldn't have completed your discussion with Charlie and found out about the bunnies. Did you show William the newspaper clipping? The two books you've got in your inventory?
I sadly don't have any savegames from before the conversation

And yes, i have tried to show EVERY thing in my inventory to William Without any results
Old 02-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #38

Quote:

And yes, i have tried to show EVERY thing in my inventory to William Without any results
Sorry man, I don't know what to say...

I'm not really planning on replaying it any time soon, had my window of opportunity to play before getting back to serious work, so I'm hoping someone else will be able to assist you.

As I mentioned before, there's a patch that is available and should have been automatically applied to all current versions of Dark Secrets you can buy around. You can take a look at the release log in case your issue is discussed (there's over 50+ fixes), although you should be playing the latest version if you bought it recently (at least according to the notes on the release log, mod can confirm?):
http://www.indiedb.com/games/dark-se...01-information

Hope that helps some... Worst case though you might have to bite the bullet and start the game over.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:33 AM   #39
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Looking through the "ransom"-type Mystery Letter with a desk lamp (such as the one on your father's desk or the police station) should do the trick, it will reveal the next step of the journey. At least it worked for me...

I tried the one at home but it just shows a blank page with what looks like a tiny red ink blot. Cant go to the police station because its locked now.
Man, I wish this game wasnt so buggy
Old 02-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #40
Senior Automaton

Quote:

This was my problem too. When I found out it was terminable, it made me quit and uninstall. Dark Secrets is the only game I've ever bought to make me do that, and no, i'm not replaying it with the patch. It was a crap game anyway.