You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
The Magnificent

Default Dreamfall on Windows 7 x64

I have just installed Dreamfall on my Windows 7 64 bit - And it keeps crashing.
The screen gets messed up and the computer completely locks, so only a hard shutdown will work.

It is the Download version of Dreamfall from Adventure Shop, so the problem should not be because of the old DRM system.

I have searched for information on similar problems, and it seems like the problem is that Dreamfall can't run on Nvdia cards with newer drivers.

Apparently this problem should however have been fixed with an patch some time ago.

I even tried installing it on a virtual pc running XP, but the new protection system won't allow activation on a virtual PC

So any ideas?
I have run out of ideas myself, so unless someone has a solution, i will have to throw it in the bin.

btw if it is an Nvdia problem, and it have been fixed in a patch, then why are Adventure Shop distributing the old none fixed version?
Old 12-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #2

I had problems with dreamfall on win 7 64,with CD version it played for a while & then wouldn't continue anymore. My searches on funcom forum stated it just won't run. I partitioned my drive & created a dual boot for xp & w7. I run it under xp now.In fact so I didn't have to swap from one partition to another for certain games I have now moved all games to run under xp.

steam have the game for download & I checked there & no-one seems to be complaining about it. The original dvd had problems with starforce drivers that would not work on vista & win 7, to get around that they had to install a no cd exe file & then the game would run. I have read during installation don't install direct x & then go the starforce web site & download the remove starforce drivers & then complete the direct x 9 installation.

As you downloaded from adventure shop well I not surprised you are having problems, I will never download from them again after the black mirror game fiasco. selling a game with corrupted files & not doing anything about it.

Just go to game copy world & download a exe file & replace it . From memory they tell you to install game & not to start it until you replace the exe file. Something to do with the drivers getting activated once you click on original exe file.

Last edited by plumgas; 12-15-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
The Magnificent

Thanks for the help

Unfortunately it didn't help, no matter what i tried the game keept crashing at regular intervals.

In the end I instead installed it on a small laptop, where it ran without any problems at all.