Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Silver Lining 4~At Beauty & "Beast" (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/30192-silver-lining-4%7E-beauty-beast.html)

Len Green 12-12-2011 04:48 PM

Silver Lining 4~At Beauty & "Beast"

After exhausting all topics of conversation with them I go right to the main hall AND NEED HELP :(
The GameBoomer's walkthrough says "Behind the fireplace is a door that leads ----------- ".
But I've tried time & again to get behind the fireplace and in addition there is a roaring fire inside it so I can't go through it.
Is the game wrong, or the walkthrough wrong, or just me wrong ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

aimless 12-12-2011 06:45 PM

Len, I think that door is to the far left of the fireplace in the corner. Pretty sure.

Len Green 12-13-2011 04:43 PM

You are absolutely right and many thanks.
I DID try on each side of the fireplace and even quite far from it - but missed the hotspot. On my computyer/monitor the wall there is absolutely solid black with no door visible.

The actual hotspot is acrually a good way to the left of the fireplace and the walkthru description of BEHIND it is misleading.
Heigh-ho :)

aimless 12-13-2011 05:54 PM

You'll have to give Chief and Venus a poke and tell them to correct that walkthrough. ;)

Len Green 12-21-2011 05:48 AM

Immediately after finishing at and leaving the abovementioned castle:
Again I'm stuck :( and again I turned to that walkthru' and found that it couldn't help[ me. Maybe my dumbness since it seems to have been made into the Phoenix I-Online official walkthru' ??!!??

"As you come back from the castle and through the opening in the edge, go forward in the opening in front, then upscreen, left and down to the end of this second corridor: click ……………….."
(1) Triviality – I guess that "edge" is a typo for "Hedge" instruction. ??
(2) I[]YES[/I] to the first instruction; i.e. 'to go forwards through the opening in front:.
(3) BUT !!!
"upscreen" I presume means 'Make Graham move towards the top of the monitor ?!?!
However I can't find any way of doing this – at least, except for first doing a fair bit of downscreening
First which is not mentioned !
trekking fir,st,.
(4) You CAN move to the left but only after some trekking fir,st, as above.
(5) I still haven't managed to go "upscreen".

BOTTOM LINE :
I've spent close to an hour and not managed to get graham to the location he has to find.
Any help &.or comments would be greatly appreciated.

aimless 12-21-2011 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Len Green (Post 596042)
I've spent close to an hour and not managed to get graham to the location he has to find.

I doubt you're dumb, Len, since you write walkthroughs that have helped me out of a spot before. This one is confusing in places. The picture was a lot more help in finding the place to dig...although I still had to poke around with my shovel for quite some time before I got a 'bingo!'.

Okay, I'm looking at the picture. Go across the path from the hole, through the hedge right in front of it. Turn to Graham's right and go upscreen to where the path dead-ends at the hedge then around the hedge (which is to your left). Go down. At the bottom of that path...none of this is any distance at all...there should be a place to dig. Haul out your shovel.

The second picture is probably going to be a lot more help to you than the directions when you have to get away from the pool. It was for me. If you have any trouble there, look at it and just figure out how to get back through the maze.

Just FYI, I didn't much like this game and didn't do the "boss fight" at the end. I'll never figure out why a developer would think a game is dull without action sequences...unless it is. I'd had enough 'action' in that ride up the mountain path.

Len Green 12-21-2011 02:33 PM

Thanks once again. !!!
Thanks also for your compliment about not being dumb. In a way you are right since I have posted over 40 walkthroughs. They are I think pedantically accurate. However I never was one of the sharpest tools in the shed. And now age (coming up for 87) and very badly failing vision make things much more difficult :( :(.

I apologize since I could have saved you the bother. I only read the poor description and did not carry on and look at the very much better graphic. If I had I would have solved it immediately – but I passed that spot a couple of dozen times or more without knowing from the graphic or ever having noticed a hotspot there !!!!
ATB ---- Len.

aimless 12-21-2011 02:51 PM

Listen, when that thing said "go to the opening in the front", I immediately headed for the front entrance to the castle grounds and wandered around saying, what the heck?! You're not any rustier than I am. ;)

87! You're proof positive that adventure games will help keep my mind agile. If not the rest of me. :D I cuss like a sailor every time I run into an unexpected action sequence and my aging fingers tell me uh, uh, I'm not going there!

Len Green 12-26-2011 05:50 AM

Here we go yet again !!! :( :( :(

Talk to the 3 muses and give them the poetry book. Whilst the are reading take the harp

wearing my index finger to the bone clicking looking forn the darned harp
Which of the several harps AND WHERE >

aimless 12-26-2011 06:06 AM

Lol! I'm trying to think. I 'believe' it's where one of the muses was sitting before she got up to look at the poetry book. Facing the muses, it should be to your left, around the corner of the building. Maybe. :P

Len Green 12-26-2011 10:49 AM

Could be !
If you don't get another post from me on this - then "I've found it and you're right.

I thought it should be there since she's holding the harp before but standing without it whilst reading !
So I clicked a LOT all around there with no luck. The annoying thing is that since there are NO visible hotspots when you 'miss' you are generally treated to a sometimes lengthy remarks from the narrator - very irritating ! :(
! :(

aimless 12-26-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Len Green (Post 596417)
The annoying thing is that since there are NO visible hotspots when you 'miss' you are generally treated to a sometimes lengthy remarks from the narrator - very irritating ! :(
! :(

Can't be any more irritating than Nicole Bonnet with her everlasting, "Think, Nicole, think!" in the Art of Murder Series. I'd gladly murder her after a few dozen of those.

Len Green 12-26-2011 01:04 PM

After another 2 or maybe 3 dozen mouse clicks around that whole area ---->> no harp :(

The female narrator's voice is pretty fuzzy and most times difficult to interpret :pan::pan :pan:

aimless 12-26-2011 02:06 PM

Len,

Tell you what, I still have my saves so I'll reinstall the game and find that harp for you. Give me a little while. I should know around 6:00.

Len Green 12-26-2011 05:05 PM

Thanks in advance.
(N.B. May I ask wherem you're situated - only so that I can work out our time discrepancy :) )

Assuming you still have episode 4 - wouln't it be better & easier if I send you my last save - after they are (still) reading the poems BEFORE getting the harp.
My email address is [email protected] if you'd like to get me your address ther OR I could up;oad it here via megaupload with a link.
Please let me know if you choose the former so that I can select yours (entitle it Hi-LG) it out from the large amount of junk.
Goint to sleep now - see you Tuesday morning :)

Len Green 12-27-2011 10:57 AM

Did it :) – thanks - used a previous clue of yours - Didn't need to use Saves, Walkthru, Video solution, etc,

Thanx for your email - I'll reply fully later.