Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   A New Beginning~Where are the saves stord?? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/29572-new-beginning%7Ewhere-saves-stord.html)

Len Green 08-28-2011 12:00 PM

A New Beginning~Where are the saves stord??

Hi there !
I can't find the savegame files.
They are usually stored in the "My Documents" section in a folder with the name of the game (in this case "A New Beginning" although they are sometimes in a folder called "Saves" or something inside the main game folder.
But I can't find them and I NEED them. Maybe I missed them or maybe they are some place else – possibly the Registry.

Please ! Can anybody tell me where thy are and if in the Registry how can I use them & replace them?
TIA :) :)

Dale Baldwin 08-28-2011 01:13 PM

Mine are located in C:\Documents and Settings\[my account name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Daedalic Entertainment\A New Beginning\Savegames\

Len Green 08-28-2011 04:08 PM

VERY MANY THANKS for your ultra rapid reply.
But my savegames are not there.
Furthermore, I made individual searches of the whole of my hard disk (both BEFORE and after this cry for help) and none yielded my savegames. I used (separate) keywords "Daedelic"; "entertainment"; "savegame"; new beginning" – ZILCH !!

Yet they are there somewhere since I am using them OK….. I wonder where !! :( :( "(

SpeedBo 08-28-2011 04:57 PM

If you have Windows 7 it will probable be here
C: \Users\[my account name]\AppData\Local\Daedalic Entertainment\A New Beginning Demo\Savegames

I don't have A New Beginning, just the demo

Len Green 08-28-2011 11:41 PM

THANX - but I only have Windows XP.

PolloDiablo 08-29-2011 12:57 AM

The company is called Daedalic, not Daedelic. That might help you search for it (haven't got the game installed at the moment).

Len Green 08-29-2011 01:45 AM

Hiya PD,
You beat me to it by a few minutes --- ESP ??? MY bad !!
I noticed a short while before your reply that the name was DaedAlic and made a search without ANY results .e. no file or folder containing that name exists on my hard disk.

Weird !
I completely forgot that I had previously played part of the Demo and still have the game plus several saves of it which work 100% - but NOTHING showed (or shows) up in my searches for these Demo savegames either ???

Where the heck are they all stored ????

Dale Baldwin 08-29-2011 05:55 AM

Sorry for that typo in my original response.

Make sure you're searching inside hidden folders too. The Local Settings folder is a hidden folder.

Len Green 08-29-2011 12:49 PM

OMG :D
Why didn't I think of that ? :crazy:
MANY MANY thanx ! ;)
I've played probably hundreds of games - but don't remember EVER encountering saves in a HIDDEN folder... I wonder what the point is ?
(Excuses - excuses) :r :devil: