You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Experience 112 (The Experiment) Problem or Glitch?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2011, 11:28 PM   #1
MaStER of DaRkNeSs

Default Experience 112 (The Experiment) Problem or Glitch?

I have recently arrived at the advanced base in the game Experience 112 (also known as The Experiment), and am having trouble opening the 'Tyriades Doors'. A box will appear on the screen if I click in the designated area, but the contents of the box is completely blank. I looked on a walkthrough and it told me that there should be 5 numbered boxes to move around, but these are nowhere to be seen. I also checked a video walkthrough on YouTube and could clearly see the numbered boxes.

The question is, have I missed something to get those boxes to appear, or have I encountered a glitch in the game preventing me from progressing? If this is the case, I would like to download a save file to move on, but have no idea where to find one. Any help?

PS: To explain this better, here is the video walkthrough of this particular puzzle, including the numbered boxes in the centre of the larger window. In my game, the window (above the two sliders) is empty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfHAKcMYidI
Old 08-01-2011, 05:42 AM   #2

I haven't played the game in awhile but I remember that there was a hard to find control that had to be activated on the interface panel to get the controls to show up one one particular puzzle. It may have been that one. There was also another puzzle but I think it was later in the game that did have a bug in it where it was possible to reach it without doing all the puzzles but if you skipped one the controlls wouldn't show up like you are describing. Check to make sure you didn't miss anything and check the other hotspots on the interface panel to make sure it is fully active.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:42 AM   #3
MaStER of DaRkNeSs

Thanks for the reply. I have tried loading a previous save and playing with a walkthrough to not miss anything, but the same issue ultimately occurs. At this point, I am pretty sure it is a glitch. I can see the top of one of the boxes I'm meant to move, but it looks as if it has disappeared off the screen and is impossible to click on or move.

It's a shame as I was really enjoying the game. Anyone know of any saves I can download near this area?
Old 08-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #4

Default Experience112 saves

You can find some saves and also make requests here.
Those are my saves from when I replayed the game but I don't remember if I have a save nearby this puzzle. I played the USA release named "the experiment" in case the files don't work.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:44 PM   #5
MaStER of DaRkNeSs

Excellent, the saves worked perfectly and the puzzle loaded like it was supposed to! I can now progress!

Thanks very much indeed!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #6

Default The robot fell over!

I need some help, i'm at UD10 and need to get the magnetic card with the help of the robot.. ok so i get the card but when i'm about to move away from the table the robot falls over!!!
What to do now?! It's really frustrating! i've tried to move but i can't! Sure i can start the game over again but now i'm at the point of no return.. i want to fix it but is it even possible?! Can someone help me?
Old 12-09-2011, 06:58 AM   #7

I am actually in the middle of replaying this game. I don't think I have ever had the robot fall over. Are you sure it is not just the camera position. The camera on the robot can be hard to get in the right position. Try turning off the robot camera and using one of the wall mounted cameras to see where you are. Make sure the arm is fully retracted.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by odnorf View Post
You can find some saves and also make requests here.
Those are my saves from when I replayed the game but I don't remember if I have a save nearby this puzzle. I played the USA release named "the experiment" in case the files don't work.
Excellent, I need it too, thank you very much !