You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #1

Default Gabriel Knight I save game.

Hello! I was playing GK 1 via DosBox. Suddenly, when i've reached day 10, the game got so unstable, that i couldn't continue playing it. I now bought the cd version and installed it on windows, BUT i then found out that the save games from the dos version are not compatible with the (fully updated) windows cd version. If someone could send save games (and the "GKSG.CAT" file) to continue playing from the 10th day it would be so much appreciated.....
THANX!
Old 07-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #2

The save games are very version specific. What game version number and what patches have you applied? Also, keep in mind that the Windows version has issues on modern Windows. You are best off playing the the DOS CD version in DOSBox.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:57 AM   #3

Thank you for your post!
Unfortunately it's not possible to play it under dosbox for the reasons i depicted above.
When i run the application, it says "The Gabriel Knight 2000 project". Inside the game, clicking on the sierra icon says "Renovated in 2004 by Enrico Rolfi. It's supposed to be winXP compatible, so i hope i won't have any problems.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #4

That installer is becoming dated and has not been updated for Vista/Win7. Try this: http://sierrahelp.com/Patches-Update...tallers.html#G