Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   broken sword shadow of the templars the church (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/29246-broken-sword-shadow-templars-church.html)

mufc1992 07-05-2011 06:37 AM

broken sword shadow of the templars the church

I am in the church and I am unable to examine the scroll that the statue holds. I have been to spain and marib. I gave the priest the chalice and he is cleaning it. I am unsure if this is a glitch or If I have missed something.

rayvio 07-05-2011 07:23 AM

I remember having the same issue on a replay but I can't remember exactly how I solved it. I think I'd forgotten to do something
try examining everything, the window, the statue, the numbers, tombs, etc

mufc1992 07-05-2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayvio (Post 584634)
I remember having the same issue on a replay but I can't remember exactly how I solved it. I think I'd forgotten to do something
try examining everything, the window, the statue, the numbers, tombs, etc

What do you mean by the numbers?

DustyShinigami 07-05-2011 08:26 AM

You should have

Spoiler:
a lens in your inventory that George took from Klausner. Use it on the scroll.

;)

mufc1992 07-05-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazzoid (Post 584638)
You should have

Spoiler:
a lens in your inventory that George took from Klausner. Use it on the scroll.

;)

But I cant examine the scroll and when my mouse is on the scroll I dont get any icon. When my mouse is on the very end of the scroll the game selects the stain glass window.

rayvio 07-05-2011 09:37 AM

if you look at the window you should be able to look at the numbers on it, if I remember right. also there's numbers on the tombs, there was something about the coat of arms from the chalice and bible verses as far as I remember, although I might be getting mixed up with another puzzle

DustyShinigami 07-05-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mufc1992 (Post 584640)
But I cant examine the scroll and when my mouse is on the scroll I dont get any icon. When my mouse is on the very end of the scroll the game selects the stain glass window.

Huh? That's strange. Are you playing the original version or the Director's Cut? I think you only have to use it on the statue in the Director's Cut, but I'm not 100%.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayvio (Post 584641)
if you look at the window you should be able to look at the numbers on it, if I remember right. also there's numbers on the tombs, there was something about the coat of arms from the chalice and bible verses as far as I remember, although I might be getting mixed up with another puzzle

That's correct.
Spoiler:
However, you can only get the bible references after you've got the chalice back from the priest.

Oh?
Spoiler:
It looks like you have to examine the statue first (possibly both left and right click) before you can interact with the scroll according to this video. I didn't think it mattered... :crazy:

mufc1992 07-05-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazzoid (Post 584648)
Huh? That's strange. Are you playing the original version or the Director's Cut? I think you only have to use it on the statue in the Director's Cut, but I'm not 100%.

That's correct.
Spoiler:
However, you can only get the bible references after you've got the chalice back from the priest.

Oh?
Spoiler:
It looks like you have to examine the statue first (possibly both left and right click) before you can interact with the scroll according to this video. I didn't think it mattered... :crazy:

I have done everything that is in that video and I cant interact with the scroll. I am playing the original version. I bought the copy from a second hand games shop and the copy is not in the best condition so that could be the problem.

Does anyone know if there is a place where I can find save files for the game?

Thanks for everyones help

DustyShinigami 07-05-2011 11:33 AM

I'm presuming you installed the game the standard way as apposed to using ScummVM? If so, you'll find saves here.

That's a very strange problem, though. I've never come across that...

In future, I'd suggest playing the game through ScummVM - it should be problem free on any operating system. Which operating system are you using, by the way? Some older games can have minor (not to mention silly) issues that are related to the OS itself or the graphics. For instance, I encountered a glitch involving light effects in Call of Cthulhu under Vista, but not under XP. :crazy:

mufc1992 07-05-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazzoid (Post 584656)
I'm presuming you installed the game the standard way as apposed to using ScummVM? If so, you'll find saves here.

That's a very strange problem, though. I've never come across that...

In future, I'd suggest playing the game through ScummVM - it should be problem free on any operating system. Which operating system are you using, by the way? Some older games can have minor (not to mention silly) issues that are related to the OS itself or the graphics. For instance, I encountered a glitch involving light effects in Call of Cthulhu under Vista, but not under XP. :crazy:

I was using vista, thanks for the link