Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Alpha Polaris - Polar Bear collar (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/29217-alpha-polaris-polar-bear-collar.html)

Kairyuka 06-28-2011 08:20 AM

Alpha Polaris - Polar Bear collar

Hi I'm new here, and it might sound dumb, but I can't figure out how to extract the data from the polar bear collar in Day 2. I stuck it to the computer, but nothing have changed.

eazar1010 06-28-2011 05:34 PM

Spoiler:
In order to extract the data, go to your room. In your room you will see a "USB device" to the right of your laptop. Take the device and then pick up your laptop. Use the "USB device" on your laptop. The device will now be hooked up to your laptop.

Oscar 06-28-2011 09:39 PM

How do you find the collar ID to enter into the computer?

eazar1010 06-28-2011 11:00 PM

Check the journal, the latest polar bear entry is the entry that contains the latest collar ID of the latest polar bear tracking. Once the USB device is hooked up to the laptop, enter that ID number into the laptop. From there I believe there is a maps tab. Click on that tab, and select the one that does not indicate "campus." That should pull up the tracking history of the bear. Hope that helps.

Oscar 06-28-2011 11:27 PM

I still don't understand it. I entered the data from the latest date in the journal into the triangulator, clicked plot 1 and it says "take 15 steps to your location", and form plot 2 he says "That can't be right". I don't really know what the heading is either because the journal only lists the initial coordinates.

Temesis 06-29-2011 03:27 AM

Solution:

Spoiler:

Enter the latest beard collar id (ALO339 or something of that sorts)

Check your bearing from the compass on your knife

Don't turn when you walk, just walk fairly straight for 15 steps.

Kairyuka 06-29-2011 10:43 AM

No, it's not that, I've got the collar back from the bear already, my problem is how to extract the data from the collar onto my ocmputer. As I said, I've already connected the collar i got from the bear to my computer, but options appear with which I can extract the data.

eazar1010 06-29-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kairyuka (Post 584194)
No, it's not that, I've got the collar back from the bear already, my problem is how to extract the data from the collar onto my ocmputer. As I said, I've already connected the collar i got from the bear to my computer, but options appear with which I can extract the data.

Are you positive you didn't click on the 'Maps' tab at the top of the computer screen? Over there it should have a plot of locations the bear visited on its little excursion.

Kairyuka 06-29-2011 11:23 PM

Ok, after saving and reloading, the import option now became available. I think it was just a bug after all

zoecastillo 06-30-2011 12:48 AM

Oscar - if you didn't get it yet - do the "15 step walk" on the screen that has the bear cage in the background. Stand towards the left/cage side of screen and walk to edge of right screen (without leaving it) - then you should be at correct location and just click on "Plot 2" and the tracking should automatically be complete.

eazar1010 06-30-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kairyuka (Post 584240)
Ok, after saving and reloading, the import option now became available. I think it was just a bug after all

Hey, congratulations! I guess sometimes you just need to start from square one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 584163)
I still don't understand it. I entered the data from the latest date in the journal into the triangulator, clicked plot 1 and it says "take 15 steps to your location", and form plot 2 he says "That can't be right". I don't really know what the heading is either because the journal only lists the initial coordinates.

Like Zoe said, make sure you stand right near the broken door of the mangled cage when you enter your ID. Also.... make sure to use your compass from the swiss army knife to determine your heading from there (but make sure that your back is facing the cage when doing so). From there, enter the heading into the laptop. Next, take roughly 15-17 steps towards the end of the blood trail, maintaining an approximately straight path. One you have reached the head of the blood trail, you can then enter plot 2 (like Zoe mentioned).

Let me know if that works.