You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Half-Life 2 Episode 1: Exit 17 Spacegun Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2011, 05:56 AM   #1

Default Half-Life 2 Episode 1: Exit 17 Spacegun Problem

I am at the right spot with all the weapons ready to shoot down the Spacegun. No matter how many times I hit it and with what weapon, it does not go down. Sometimes there is smoke and sound and explosions but the Spacegun reappears. Any ideas about what the problem is? Also, the box/container of weapons I’m standing beside … I don’t think they are coming out of the box because I only have about three (not infinite) supply of these. If there is only one weapon that gets the Spacegun down which one is it?
Thanks!!! ) I wish there was more adventure and less shooting in this game. But I do love the characters and art, etc.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 06-26-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

"Spacegun"? I never heard this term, but I guess you mean the walker?

You can only defeat the walker with the rocket launcher and for that you need to find a box of rockets with infinite supply of them (the rockets keep reappearing inside it). The trick to operating the rocket launcher is that while the rocket is still flying, you need to keep directing the red laser light at the target you want to hit.

Here's a visual walkthrough that might be of help, if I my explanation wasn't:

http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/ha...t17/exit17.htm
Old 06-26-2011, 09:01 AM   #3

Thanks for your help!!. Sorry the word is actually “gunship” and it is pictured in the previous page of the one you provided a link to. That is were I am stuck … #26 of the walkthrough.

Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Old 06-26-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilLives View Post
Thanks for your help!!. Sorry the word is actually “gunship” and it is pictured in the previous page of the one you provided a link to. That is were I am stuck … #26 of the walkthrough.
The gunship is also only possible to be taken down by the rocket launcher. The most important thing is finding a rocket crate and opening it every time you run out of rockets (you can carry only 3 at a time).

Remember to help the rockets find their target with the red laser light.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #5

AWESOME ... that did it!!!! Finally! Thank you SO much.