Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Memento Mori (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/29003-memento-mori.html)

J-Boo 05-08-2011 09:26 AM

Memento Mori

I am stuck at the point where you need a photo of yourself.

I actually got stuck there a while ago, but have finally decided to try to see this through. Even though the game isn't all that great in my opinion, I hate not finishing a game once I start it! My point, though, is that it's been a while since I played it, but I think I needed a photo of myself to give to the woman who runs the bar, to get a fake passport or something.

Anyway, the walkthrough says to stand in front of the vase the guy at the museum keeps taking pictures of, then collect the photo after he throws it in the trash. I have tried and tried, but I cannot get the man to take a picture of me.

Any ideas?

J-Boo 08-29-2011 04:51 PM

BUMP.

Anyone have tips for me? TIA

Bakhtosh 08-29-2011 09:51 PM

The walkthrough is right. To make it work Max has to know that he needs a photo (so he has to talk with the barmaid about the faked ID before he tries to get the photo). Then you should look how the photographer takes his photos. He has a fix timing. Then you should position Max at the vase directly before the photographer takes a photo. I'm not sure if you have to use the vase or just place Max in front of it (so you should try both). It's tricky the first time you play it, but once you've done it once it's easy if you ever decide to play it again...

Niko 09-14-2011 07:57 AM

There are supposed to be several different endings, i take it your not going to try for them all then ? ;)

J-Boo 09-16-2011 08:59 AM

Okay, thanks, that is what I have tried. He knows he needs a photo, and I click everywhere and walk and stand everywhere on that screen, but for the life of me CANNOT get the guy to take my photo! Grrrr. Oh well, thanks for responding!

And no...I probably will not play through multiple times for different endings, LOL. That is, if I can even get through one play through.

Bakhtosh 09-17-2011 10:15 AM

I made a video and uploaded it, so that you can download it and watch the timing: Link

First position Max near the vase, then wait until the photographer raise his arms to make a photo and then quickly click (leftclick) at the vase. That's what I did in the video.

(the video was recorded with the german version - I don't have the english one)

J-Boo 09-17-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakhtosh (Post 589937)
I made a video and uploaded it, so that you can download it and watch the timing: Link

First position Max near the vase, then wait until the photographer raise his arms to make a photo and then quickly click (leftclick) at the vase. That's what I did in the video.

(the video was recorded with the german version - I don't have the english one)

Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I'll try this as soon as I get a chance.

J-Boo 09-17-2011 06:03 PM

So I had trouble trying to download your link, but I fired up the game and gave it another shot and after a few more desparate attempts, apparently I did something right and the guy finally took my picture. So I just finished the game, close toa year after having started it. Thanks, everyone, for your help!

Bakhtosh 09-17-2011 09:38 PM

Great to hear that you beat the photographer! :D

You said you have trouble downloading the video I've uploaded. Since I use this free upload service every now and then it would be nice to know what the problem was. Was it the Captcha (the letters you have to recognize and type in) that appears if you choose the free download?

J-Boo 09-18-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakhtosh (Post 589964)
Great to hear that you beat the photographer! :D

You said you have trouble downloading the video I've uploaded. Since I use this free upload service every now and then it would be nice to know what the problem was. Was it the Captcha (the letters you have to recognize and type in) that appears if you choose the free download?

It wasn't that. I don't know, the problem may have been on my end. It seemed to download ok, but then there was an error when Windows Media Player tried to open the file and play it.