You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #1

Default please insert disk?

what do i do if I have downloaded a game and get asked to insert a disk when I go to install it? I obviously dont have a disk. Can anyone help?
Old 02-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

There isn't any legal game download sites I know of that sell iso/image files, and if you've downloaded the files illegally, this forum can't/won't help you. Sorry

But I sent you a PM, please read

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 02-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #3

Hi, thanks, I bought the game from Adventure Shop and have already sent an email to support but thought I would see if anyone on the forums had any suggestions. Thanks for the info
Old 02-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
female animal lover

Which game did you buy? I have never come across the installer asking for a disk in any of my Adventure shop games.

Then I think contacting support was the correct thing to do, I would also try redownloading the files, maybe they've been corrupted, and, silly question, but did you try just clicking OK and see if you could progress without mounting a CD?

Sorry for doubting the validity of your question by the way.

Oh, and make sure you downloaded all the files, not just the setup file (like I did the first time ) and make sure all the files are in the same folder. You should have one setup.exe file and one or more .bin files

Old 02-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
fov
Rattenmonster

Is this 15 Days again? It's probably looking for each of the .bin files that you downloaded. I can't remember if I got that prompt when I installed it, but you could try navigating to each of the files you downloaded and selecting them as the "disk". Also the Adventure Shop theoretically should have sent you download instructions along with your purchase, maybe check the email and see if it's explained?
Old 02-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #6

It's the game 15 Days. Yeh I tried just clicking ok, but the same message box kept popping up. I have bought a few games from Adventure Shop before but not experienced this kind of problem. I will try selecting downloaded files as disk. Thanks for all suggestions
Old 02-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #7

I think I posted here yesterday? Did a mod delete my post or was I posting in my dream?

Anyway sorry Katyhill, I jumped to the "you are a pirate" conclusion too early it seems Never, ever heard I heard of a legally downloaded game asking you to insert a disk though!

Good luck
Old 02-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #8
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by skurken View Post
I think I posted here yesterday? Did a mod delete my post or was I posting in my dream?
I deleted it, once it was revealed the download was legal -- trying to help you save face.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:08 AM   #9

Haha ok
Old 02-21-2011, 10:23 AM   #10

I just joined and have downloaded the 4 bin st-ups and the exe files for the game "cursed Mountain" I also get the prompt "Please insert disc" I just purchased the game here (no, I am not a pirate) What do I do? Now the exe file is saying corrupt.... My experience in downloading games is with Big fish....so this has been a long and frustrating experience for me so far. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #11
female animal lover

The best option is to try to redownload all the .bin files and the exe file (yes, I know this takes ages) with a download program like the one AS recommends.
When I've gotten the corrupt message it's because there's something wrong with the downloaded file.

After redownloading (make sure everything is in the same folder) try installing again, if you still get the "insert disk" prompt, try to "insert" the bin files.

If nothing worked, try contacting customer support.
I recommend trying to redownload first though, as that is the thing they're most likely to recommend.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #12

@gailyw, my experience is mostly with Big Fish too, never had any problems with them. Still getting nowhere with my download of 15 Days, even after trying everyones suggestions. Now downloading it for the 4th time....
Old 02-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #13
fov
Rattenmonster

Did their support team ever get back to you?
Old 02-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #14

yeh support did get back to me, tried their suggestions but nothing worked. Downloaded the game again, and guess what, it actually worked! Dont know why cos I downloaded it in exactly the same way I did the first time. Thanks to everyone for their advice and suggestions, much appreciated!x