You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Ghost Pirates Of Vooju Island Cutscene Problem...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
MI Expert

Send a message via AIM to guybrushgurl Send a message via MSN to guybrushgurl Send a message via Yahoo to guybrushgurl
Default Ghost Pirates Of Vooju Island Cutscene Problem...

I'm in the middle of playing Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island and I'm having serious issues with the cut scenes! The audio keeps skipping and the video keeps cutting out. It's so bad, I'm completely lost in the storyline.

I know other people are having the same problems, but I was wondering if there was any way to fix it?
Old 12-22-2010, 07:34 AM   #2

Some people have encountered the problem that the videos played flawlessly at the beginning, but if they played without leaving the game the videos start to stutter. The solution is to save after playing for an hour, leave the game, start it again, load the savegame and continue.

It could be also a driver issue. You should check if the graphics driver you're using is the actual one.

If leaving the game shortly doesn't help, it may be the easiest thing to watch the videos with the Rad Video Tools (Link. You can find the cutscene videos at the subfolder "\assets\movies\bink" of the Ghost Pirates installation folder. I've tried to describe the videos, so that you should be able to look at the right one at the right time.
Chapter 1:
Spoiler:
opening credits: OC
intro: INTR

Papa Doc:
- n/a

Jane:
- at the jetty for the first time: SHIP

Blue Belly:
- n/a

end chapter 1: first SHFT, then ESCP

Chapter 2:
Spoiler:
Blue Belly:
- end Blue Belly branch of chapter 2: DCRS

Papa Doc:
- n/a

Jane:
- finding skullet island: SKUL
- end of Jane branch of chapter 2: GRND

end chapter 2: first KATE, then RSCU

Chapter 3:
Spoiler:
Blue Belly:
- end Blue Belly branch of chapter 3: FREE

Jane:
- end Jane branch of chapter 3: DEFT

Papa Doc:
- start Papa Doc branch of chapter 3: MALD

- end chapter 3: FINL
- endcredits: EC
Old 12-22-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
MI Expert

Send a message via AIM to guybrushgurl Send a message via MSN to guybrushgurl Send a message via Yahoo to guybrushgurl

Thank you so much!! Leaving the game didn't help but the Rad Video tool thing worked perfectly!! Now I can finally progress in the game!!! Thank you again!!!