You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2010, 03:14 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to Snatcher42
Default DarkStar Bridge

Hey all. Started playing DarkStar the other day and I'm having trouble accessing the bridge of the ship. Normally wouldn't ask for a hint so soon, but the thing is I checked the official strategy guide and still can't figure it out. It says all I have to do is click the bioscanner then throw the switch and the door should open and a walkway extend. Well the door opens alright but no walkway. When I try to move forward O'Neil just peers over the edge. What am I missing?
Old 11-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
She Wants Revenge

Oh man, I wish I was that lucky. I am stuck in the very beginning. Seriously I have no idea what I can do, wandered around forever clicking everything. I can't enter the lift or wake up the sleeping beauty there. I can only access the hibernation chamber and the wing corridors. I feel really stupid but seriously I just don't know what to do. All the computers only give me data, I can't operate anything and I have no idea how to work the lift or get a space suit. Sigh.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to Snatcher42

I got stuck there too. It's a bit of a pixel hunt.

Spoiler:
Go to the airlock control panel to the right of the east wing blast door. There's a small lever on the top of the panel that opens the main airlock. Nothing inside there except a ladder, but you can use that to reach the main power puzzle in the ceiling near the central elevator.

Check out this trailer to see some of that in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QChtbVxvz_g

I also solved my problem:

Spoiler:
Had to power up the bridge with a button hidden behind the cryopods. C'mon why would that be put there?!
Old 11-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
She Wants Revenge

Thanks for the help and good thing you solved your own problem too.

At least now I am getting somewhere though I doubt this is my last sticky situation with the game
Old 11-30-2010, 11:59 PM   #5
Strategy Guide Author

Default Darkstar

Cool. I think I'll need some guidance as you start playing.

ie:

1) Have you gotten into all four crew quarters? If so, where are the codes? I got into two of the four.

2) Is there any where to go from the main room besides the west and east airlock doors?
Old 12-01-2010, 04:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phod View Post
Cool. I think I'll need some guidance as you start playing.

ie:

1) Have you gotten into all four crew quarters? If so, where are the codes? I got into two of the four.

2) Is there any where to go from the main room besides the west and east airlock doors?

Maybe this should be in another part of the forum, but anyway;

Spoiler:
1. If you are observant you can get the codes very early, at least a couple of them. If not you'll soon find an item that is helpful in guessing the codes and eventually you'll find a list of all four codes (after solving a puzzle).

2. Yes. To the rest of the ship. Getting there requires quite a bit of pixel hunting though and it's not all that obvious what you need to do.

BTW, isn't it a bit silly to name corridors "east" and "west" on a spaceship?
Old 12-01-2010, 11:13 AM   #7
Strategy Guide Author

Default Darkstar

True, this could be in a different part of the forum but I was afraid it would die there considering it doesn't seem like many are playing this.

I probably coulda used more explicit hints
Old 12-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #8
Schattenjäger

immediately after deciding to play this more often, i ran into a random crash, got the message "ishell has stopped working". Bleaaah.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:15 PM   #9
Strategy Guide Author

Yeah, I've had that happen one time in a couple hours of play time. I still have the issue where the cursor essentially disappears and I have to quit and reload a saved game (thankfully I can save as I quit so I don't lose anything).
Old 12-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #10
Schattenjäger

after having that ishell message several times in a short period of time... i think i found a solution in their faq... i turned off hardware acceleration in quicktime and now it doesnt happen, with any luck maybe that stops the cursor issue too?
Despite interface issues, im definitely starting to get into this, i guess im in chapter 4? or at least i have 4 of those videos on the bottom of the screen. But its the little things that show this is clearly a work of love by the devs. Things like clicking quit and seeing "there is no escape" flash on the screen with cool sounds and effects, makes me smile
Old 12-01-2010, 03:31 PM   #11
Strategy Guide Author

You're farther than I am. Along with the prologue, I've unlocked two videos.

I guess I'm having a little trouble pixel hunting and not exactly knowing how to proceed. I think I keep missing little elements. ie: I still don't know all the door codes to the crew quarters.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #12
Schattenjäger

hmm how odd, i see those crew quarters but i havnt actually opened any of them yet. And yeah i was counting the prologue so iv unlocked 3 videos. I think its those biolock things with the hand print are unlocking the videos?
edit: and yeah, id describe this as..panorama-pixel-hunting... so weird, i really wish they did more to distinguish things you could click on between eachother.

edit2: seems i spoke too soon about the crashes being fixed. Randomly ishell stops working and no chance to save On the plus side, i figured out how to get into two of the quarters in case you still neeed help, though i suspect you might be ahead of me because those are the only quarters iv seen (guessing others are in west wing).... but this is how i think those codes are working:
Spoiler:
The scanner shows finger prints on the buttons that were touched, and the light below the button seems to blink with the pattern 1:2:1. meaning 1 number, then 2 of the same, and then the last number. So i just tried combinations of that until i got 7337 for one door, and i think 0227 was the other, and those worked.

Last edited by zane; 12-01-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:29 AM   #13

Bah im stuck at the last biolock; did unlock the evm pod bay from space and still dont get access , past the cage

good game, but too many ishell errors and the res. could be higher
Old 12-06-2010, 12:31 PM   #14
Schattenjäger

yeah the ishell errors are driving me crazy, at least they dont happen tooo often.
which biolock are you missing? theres a panel on the 2nd floor that will tell you the general area the biolocks you dont have are in.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #15

just the last one in the evm pod area, so i know where it is just cant access the room, access denied

did the space walk , removed the lock..i bet it must be a silly thing like the bridge access button, that one didnt have any sense whatsoever
Old 12-06-2010, 09:45 PM   #16
Schattenjäger

well, im at the end, but its just bugging out on me now i think cant get to the end sequence.

edit: that was a headache and a half. But i got through some unlucky glitchyness and finished the game. I'll post more on my thoughts later, but i was generally very happy with the game.

Last edited by zane; 12-07-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #17
Schattenjäger

never had problems quite like that, make sure you go to quicktimes website and get the latest version and restart.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:33 PM   #18

hi im stuck in the game/ i cant find the south bio lock in lvl 2 its the last one i need.

the other one i found is in the airlock.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:24 AM   #19

i cannot get to the emv pod area (as vongriffin). after hours of searching i surreender. please somebody send me a hint ho to unlock doors to lvl 4 of westridge. thx ([email protected])
Old 12-08-2010, 03:22 AM   #20
Grue Master

Tomahawk

Hard to remember but try this,,,

Spoiler:
I think the entrance to the EVM Pod area is accessed through the Hangar Bay. Enter the doorway between the Hangars. You should see the doorway while standing at the control panel facing the bays