Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Gray Matter Help (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/28044-gray-matter-help.html)

Thorn 11-17-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikolasFigaro (Post 563535)
Ok, I finished chapter 4 last night and I'm trying to remember every step...

I re-did the chapter and it worked in some weird way... A cutscene was triggered when I went out to the quad; this didn't happen before. :)

Thunderstorm 11-18-2010 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HELPME9999 (Post 563710)
Spoiler:
have you talked to simon helborn? did you do the hypnosis? then you have to go to the computer in the cellar and look for the last two experiments. day 1: 11:30pm, 45 seconds. day 2: 11:42pm, 30 seconds

and please, upload your save game (to a one clock hoster) after completing this! it would help me a lot and i can tell you, if you missed something ;)

thanks

Thank you so much

Spoiler:
i did the 2 expirements but where can i contact Simon Helborn ?

HELPME9999 11-18-2010 02:00 AM

@thunderstorm, chapter 5:
Spoiler:
have you talked to mrs dalton? then you have to go to the cellar and look into your organizer (year 2002) to see, what happened before the accident. if you did so, you need the number of helborn, which can be found in the kitchen. there you'll be hypnotized, which will end the chapter, afair. --> perfect spot for a save game :D

SnowVilliers0791 11-18-2010 04:50 AM

HI! I'am Italian! What is the solution for the rebus dedalus in chapter 2?

4=F + X 3=W ecc....????

HELPME9999 11-18-2010 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowVilliers0791 (Post 563756)
HI! I'am Italian! What is the solution for the rebus dedalus in chapter 2?

4=F + X 3=W ecc....????

the riddle is different in exery language, but the solution is always
Spoiler:
carfax tower

Mungos 11-18-2010 07:02 AM

game

Just finished the game. :D Chapter 8 seams to be the easiest one, pasted it in little less then an hour. :)

SnowVilliers0791 11-18-2010 07:10 AM

YES,But I use the phone under the carfax tower?
I'm not understand xD

HELPME9999 11-18-2010 09:27 AM

how exactly should i know what your problem is?!
you have to
Spoiler:
dial the number of the traitor (judas). on the phone its 5-8-3-2-7

Xerilon 11-18-2010 12:51 PM

I am completely stuck in the beginning. I can not take the envelope, nor can I go into the kitchen. Have been inside and outside and looked at everything several times, and I have not met anybody yet. What do I do? Sam needs a map! :frusty:

And what does it mean when two hotspot descriptions alternates blinking slowly?
That happens on some screens...:crazy:

jardacalling 11-18-2010 01:43 PM

I am stuck in Chapter 8.
Spoiler:
I assume I'm supposed to take the handcuffs to use them to cross the swamp, but..how the hell do I take it?! Sam just keeps saying "what could they be handy for..?" and "should I believe it will trigger an alarm?" and that's all I can do with the handcuffs box. I'm quite puzzled by this.:shifty:
Thanks in advance.

Thorn 11-18-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xerilon (Post 563797)
I am completely stuck in the beginning. I can not take the envelope, nor can I go into the kitchen. Have been inside and outside and looked at everything several times, and I have not met anybody yet. What do I do? Sam needs a map! :frusty:

And what does it mean when two hotspot descriptions alternates blinking slowly?
That happens on some screens...:crazy:

Not sure what you mean with the blinking, but...
Spoiler:
When you are outside, check the plaque beside the Entry Door. It's not that easy to see since even if you enable the Hotspot text, the "Main Entry/Door" text often overrides the "Plaque" text.

After you've looked at it, enter, and it will trigger a cutscene. If this doesn't work, go check the garage and then go in again.

rayvio 11-18-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jardacalling (Post 563799)
I am stuck in Chapter 8.

I'd guess you haven't seen the hidden messages yet, so Sam doesn't know she's supposed to take them. remember the first part of the riddle about the light?

Spoiler:
push the table outside the hall of mirrors to turn on the black light, now read hidden messages in all the paintings

Xerilon 11-18-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 563802)
Not sure what you mean with the blinking, but...
Spoiler:
When you are outside, check the plaque beside the Entry Door. It's not that easy to see since even if you enable the Hotspot text, the "Main Entry/Door" text often overrides the "Plaque" text.

After you've looked at it, enter, and it will trigger a cutscene. If this doesn't work, go check the garage and then go in again.

I have done so several times, in various combinations.. A bug perhaps?

By "blinking I mean, like, in the parlour the "anatomical statue" and "office door" text turn on and off alternately. Seems like a hint but I can do nothing with it..

Mungos 11-19-2010 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jardacalling (Post 563799)
I am stuck in Chapter 8.
Spoiler:
I assume I'm supposed to take the handcuffs to use them to cross the swamp, but..how the hell do I take it?! Sam just keeps saying "what could they be handy for..?" and "should I believe it will trigger an alarm?" and that's all I can do with the handcuffs box. I'm quite puzzled by this.:shifty:
Thanks in advance.

Just as rayvio sead you have to turn on the lights (a big button in a middle of a mirror room) and it will change every rooms look. Than you can see hidden messages on the pictures (the woman on the picture is always showing you the right clue). When the rooms are changed you can go in the room with the hand cuffs and take them. There is no alarm.

jardacalling 11-19-2010 04:59 AM

Jeez I'm stupid. For some reason I thought the big switch changes only the room it's in. Thanks a bunch guys.:)

Thunderstorm 11-19-2010 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HELPME9999 (Post 563739)
@thunderstorm, chapter 5:
Spoiler:
have you talked to mrs dalton? then you have to go to the cellar and look into your organizer (year 2002) to see, what happened before the accident. if you did so, you need the number of helborn, which can be found in the kitchen. there you'll be hypnotized, which will end the chapter, afair. --> perfect spot for a save game :D

Finaly talking to miss Dalton triggered the the end of the chaper , thanks for your good advice now i can explore chapter 6 :P

HELPME9999 11-19-2010 07:11 AM

i was helping you and you didn't even manage to upload the save game i need? thats less work than guiding you through the chapter...

parallax 11-19-2010 09:06 AM

Hi fellow adventuregamers :)
Need a little help with chapter2:
Spoiler:
I am at Redcliff Infarmary and have just setup the magic trick on Susan. However, when I get to the point where I should vanish the key to the left sleeve, I cannot do anything with it.

stopo 11-19-2010 11:10 AM

Chapter 4

I mstuck.Here i am:

Total 95%
53/53 - 100% C Railer Swoll
128/141 - 92% There's Always a Plant in the House
40/43 - 90% There Was Something in the Water
16/16 100% Setting a Trap
33/33 - 100% Chapter 4 Bonus

I have to go the other wing because i cant.The trap is 100% but nothing happened yet.

Majsan 11-19-2010 12:38 PM

Hope the amazing MaGtRo (no idea who he/she is) will write a walkthrough soon!