Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Gray Matter Help (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/28044-gray-matter-help.html)

Luther10 11-15-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuze (Post 563541)
It's in the German walkthrough I had to consult.

Seriously though, there is a clue on that paper with instructions you got from the Black Wand shop, I believe.

Yes, but does what being said on the card lead to another clue? This is where I got stumped...

Entteri 11-15-2010 08:28 PM

Chapter 8

I'm stuck in the mirror riddle of chapter 8, has anyone gotten through this yet ?
77% The game of life
0% I'm Laura Styles
82% In the Lion's den
82% Chapter 8 bonus

rayvio 11-16-2010 12:16 AM

there's a few clues hidden around, one on a heart in a jack-in-a-box and some on the paintings if you turn the black light on
Spoiler:
go in the direction where your destination looks farthest away

Mungos 11-16-2010 01:05 AM

I'm stuck on chapter 4. I've talked to everyone, took all that I could, been to all the rooms and searched them from top to bottom and now I can't do a thing.

Info:
76% total
6/53 - 11% C Railer Swoll
131/141 - 92% There's Always a Plant in the House
43/43 - 100% There Was Something in the Water
16/16 100% Setting a Trap
27/33 - 81% Chapter 4 Bonus

If somebody could help me I would be SOOOOOO HAPPYYYYY... :D

rayvio 11-16-2010 07:34 AM

Always a Plant... I'm going to guess you're stuck where I was stumped a while, trying to get into the other students wing?
Spoiler:
look at the fuse box closely, examine the fuses and the switch and Sam will finally be able to try a trick on the repair guy

as for the riddle based on the percentage I'm guessing it's the first few steps, if not then explain a bit more about what you've already done and we can probably help more
Spoiler:
look at the poster and cheshire cat in the Alice shop if you haven't already. spell "smile" (or "smiles" I can't remember for sure) on the cats teeth. look at the postcards and head to the church

Thorn 11-16-2010 09:27 AM

EDIT: rayvio:
Spoiler:
I have looked at the fusebox, but after that Sam refuses to do anything... And I have assembled the traps in the gym. What repair guy are you talking about?

zoontar 11-16-2010 10:21 AM

Hey, I'm really stuck with the C Railer Swoll riddle (it's at 11%) - I visited the shop and looked at all the hotspots there), but other than that I'm clueless... Any leads please?:)

EDIT: Never mind, already answered by rayvio... Thanks!

Chersi 11-16-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entteri (Post 563545)
I'm stuck in the mirror riddle of chapter 8, has anyone gotten through this yet ?
77% The game of life
0% I'm Laura Styles
82% In the Lion's den
82% Chapter 8 bonus

Since you are in chapter 8 , could you help me with the 12 letter mage word , Ive tryed harry houdini and many more meges I found on the net been on this 5 hours now I give up. this is from chapter 6

dekaneas297 11-16-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chersi (Post 563581)
Since you are in chapter 8 , could you help me with the 12 letter mage word , Ive tryed harry houdini and many more meges I found on the net been on this 5 hours now I give up. this is from chapter 6

Spoiler:
Try the name of the writer of Alice in Wonderland

Entteri 11-16-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chersi (Post 563581)

As was already said, try the name of the Alice in wonderland writer.
Spoiler:

Lewis Carrol if I remember correctly

Arthmus 11-16-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entteri (Post 563545)
77% The game of life
0% I'm Laura Styles
82% In the Lion's den
82% Chapter 8 bonus

The clue is in the painting outside the maze. The woman is pointing to the words "follow the path furthest away from your goal" or something like that.

Spoiler:
look at the pedestal reflected on both the left and right doors, one is always smaller than the other, follow the smaller object for about 10 turns and you will find the pedestal

ruru89 11-16-2010 02:59 PM

Hi, I'm stuck at chapter 8
Spoiler:
I have the key of Diamonds and Spades but I really can't get to the Key of Clubs, can anyone help me? :(

Arthmus 11-16-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruru89 (Post 563618)
Hi, I'm stuck at chapter 8
Spoiler:
I have the key of Diamonds and Spades but I really can't get to the Key of Clubs, can anyone help me? :(

I don't remember which key is which.

Spoiler:
one is inside the Atlas statue after you've pushed it into the area with the spiked ceiling, one is in the mirror maze and one is on the island, use the handcuffs from the dungeon room to secure the log bridges

Which one don't you have?

Chersi 11-16-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dekaneas297 (Post 563585)
Spoiler:
Try the name of the writer of Alice in Wonderland

Thank you sooooooooooo much bro

ruru89 11-16-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthmus (Post 563621)
I don't remember which key is which.

Spoiler:
one is inside the Atlas statue after you've pushed it into the area with the spiked ceiling, one is in the mirror maze and one is on the island, use the handcuffs from the dungeon room to secure the log bridges

Which one don't you have?

It's the one on the island, thanks I'll try as soon as possible.

HELPME9999 11-16-2010 06:56 PM

hi,
unfortunately i lost my save game and i hope on of you could help me out. i'm at the end of chapter 5 and my last save is long before thos (i know, i should have saved more often...).
it would be nice if someone could upload his save near this part (rapidshare or similar).
sorry for my bad english, i'm from germany ;)

many thanks!

indyjones2131 11-17-2010 09:47 AM

Well, I am STUCK in chapter 1!!

I've convinced the 4 students in the quad to join the experiment:

The film maker
The shy kid
The sun bathing girl
The girl by the phone

What now!?

Mungos 11-17-2010 11:43 AM

Chapter 7

Thanks for the tip on SMILES, that helped a lot. :)
Now I'm at Chapter 7, I've done all parts and are all at 100%, all but In the Lab, which is 28/57 - 49%. All that I have in my inventory is: a discus, foster care letter and picture of Lady Byron (Sam's stage name).
Now I have no idea what to do.

Thunderstorm 11-17-2010 01:06 PM

i am in chapter 5 i did all memories in the park what to do next ?
the other 2 locations are greyed out i only have something to do in the house but dont know what it is ?
i dont get a animation film by the accordion player can be a bug dont you think ?

HELPME9999 11-17-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstorm (Post 563708)
i am in chapter 5 i did all memories in the park what to do next ?
the other 2 locations are greyed out i only have something to do in the house but dont know what it is ?

Spoiler:
have you talked to simon helborn? did you do the hypnosis? then you have to go to the computer in the cellar and look for the last two experiments. day 1: 11:30pm, 45 seconds. day 2: 11:42pm, 30 seconds

and please, upload your save game (to a one clock hoster) after completing this! it would help me a lot and i can tell you, if you missed something ;)

thanks