Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Gray Matter Help (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/28044-gray-matter-help.html)

stopo 11-15-2010 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikolasFigaro (Post 563471)
Which students have you found? Do you know who is missing and can't get him/her to follow?

Where the party is i get 5 student.2 boy 3 girl.

NikolasFigaro 11-15-2010 09:02 AM

@kotkin
You can zoom in on documents using the mouse wheel. It's similar to the zoom funcion used in real time strategy games, for example.

@stopo
Hmm... What do the progression bars say? (You can find the progression bars icon in the upper left corner of the screen, on the "gargoyle"). If you've already done everything regarding the students, the bar will be full. You probably are missing something else, and the progression bars will help you find out what that is.

Anyway,

Spoiler:
You have to convince 4 people (I don't remember their names): The scottish girl near the payphone, the american who thinks he is a film maker (and is having a fight with a girl), the shy bloke sitting on the bench, and the rich girl who is lying in the sun. The 2 other people are a) yourself and b) a guy, Malik, who doesn't need convincing, he's gonna be there anyway.

Hope that helped.

Thorn 11-15-2010 09:18 AM

Has anyone gotten 20/100% of the Chapter 2 Bonus?
What are you supposed to do in that case? I only have 17...

Oh, by the way, I am also stuck. I have 156/166 on Mysterious Dr. Styles. I think it has something to do with the list of people in his department and the condolences card.

Which people should you draw a line over? I've tried both ways but I get no "That's it!", and I have no idea what to do next either...

EDIT: Oh, I have nothing except Gold around Dread Hill House.

NikolasFigaro 11-15-2010 09:32 AM

@ Thorn

You have to draw a line over the people that ARE on the condolences card. That leaves only ONE name without a line. Then it should automatically continue with the revelation of the only person who doesn't like Dr. Styles.

Thorn 11-15-2010 09:39 AM

Oooh! Thank you Nikolas! I thought he had two enemies, hehe, guess I can't read handwriting too well ;D

Arthmus 11-15-2010 10:49 AM

Anyone help on chapter 4? I'm at 93%, i have 92% on always a plant in the house and 81% on setting a trap. everywhere is greyed out except st Edmund hall. I have checked the rooms in the undergraduate wing and spoke to Helena, but now i can't do anything else. I can't get into the graduate wing to check the other 2 rooms.

nendor 11-15-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthmus (Post 563510)
Anyone help on chapter 4? I'm at 93%, i have 92% on always a plant in the house and 81% on setting a trap. everywhere is greyed out except st Edmund hall. I have checked the rooms in the undergraduate wing and spoke to Helena, but now i can't do anything else. I can't get into the graduate wing to check the other 2 rooms.

Spoiler:
If I remenber welll, take the camera in Helena´s room

RLB 11-15-2010 01:18 PM

I got stuck on the end of chapter 3

Mostly, all progress bars are at 100%.. except one "Psi and Psi Again" 81%

I just
Spoiler:
finished talking with the police detective on the phone about something unusual which happened back then in the 2002 accident
and now i don't know what i have to do to complete this task i already tryed everything in the labs.. but i could be missing something.. or not in the labs too! Any hints? :)

Thorn 11-15-2010 01:24 PM

I'm at chapter 4, and I went up the carfax tower and checked the red box. There's a note in there but it's not a "hotspot", so I can't take it.

Is it for later in the game or is there a bug? :/

EDIT: RLB-- have you used the 'word' machine in Dr Styles private lab?

NikolasFigaro 11-15-2010 01:31 PM

@ Thorn
I think that the red box on top of the Carfax Tower has simply to do with the first chapter. And the note is identical to the one you find during the "deadalus" challenge in chapter one. I might be wrong though, although in chapter 4 you definetly won't be using it, so don't worry;)

@RLB

Spoiler:
Have you looked at the photos on the desk in the office? For a second time? Especially at the one with the blue tiles in the background? If not, you have to take that photo (it show the couple drinking at some kind of party), scan it and find something noteworthy...

RLB 11-15-2010 01:36 PM

Thanks folks! Actually what i was missing is that i didn't consider clicking AGAIN in the
Spoiler:
word generator machine
after it was all set up and ready to go.. so i gave it another shot and the chapter ended.. now onwards to chapter 4! :)

Thorn 11-15-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikolasFigaro (Post 563524)
@ Thorn
I think that the red box on top of the Carfax Tower has simply to do with the first chapter. And the note is identical to the one you find during the "deadalus" challenge in chapter one. I might be wrong though, although in chapter 4 you definetly won't be using it, so don't worry;)

PHEW, thanks for clearing that out! Though that means that I am completely stuck, argh.

So, questions:
Spoiler:

- Are you supposed to do anything with the filter or something to get a sample from the water?
- Angela wanted to be alone after she gave me a paper fairy.
- I've gotten into all the rooms and gotten a camera from Ms. Erotic herself, but I still can't figure out what I'm supposed to do at the library. All Sam does is search for David Styles and she won't talk to the librarian, nor take paper.
- I saw Laura in the house, talked to Dr. Styles... No idea what to do next in the house.
- I've bugged the phone of that horrible guy that hates Dr. Styles.

Anyone feeling like just giving me a little nudge in the right direction?

EDIT:
Alright, to clarify... I have 100% on "There is something in the Water" and "plant a trap"... 0% in C Railer Swoll and 19/33 in Bonus.

Sam won't go to the gym and hide and I have no idea what to do in the library... :(

NikolasFigaro 11-15-2010 03:02 PM

@Thorn

OK, one thing at a time! I'll try to give some hints, without ruining the experience:

Spoiler:
-You only have to visit the library in chpater 4 to ask some info regarding the "daedalus" game.

-After Angela gives you the paper fairy, there isn't anything left to do with her. No worries there.

-You don't have to do anything with the filters or the water, other than simply looking at them.

Now, to the tricky part:

Spoiler:
Have you understood what your goal is? You have to dig up some dirt on the other students. Plus, you also have to set up a trap to catch the "prankster" who dyed the pool red, according to Sam.

So, have you checked out the students? You have to gain access to their rooms. Specifically the two guys' rooms (The American's and the shy bloke's, sorry, can't remember their names...). You have already talked to Angela, you have talked with the sex-bomb (the name thing again...), and you've found out that Malik works for the professor who hates Dr. Styles.

Now, regarding the traps... You have to set up some kind of trap in the Gym. You can find the stuff you need in Mephistpheles' store, after you check out the gym itself.

Have you done all this?

Thorn 11-15-2010 03:05 PM

Not visited the library regarding that since Sam doesn't "have anything to say" to the librarian, but the rest... Yup :/

EDIT: Am I supposed to make Sam hide anywhere perhaps regarding the traps? In that case I haven't found that hotspot... Or is it an event that is triggered?

kotkin 11-15-2010 03:07 PM

Nicolas Figaro thank you very much, but my laptop has arrows instead of wheel and doesn't do anything :( anyway Im from Greece as well!!

NikolasFigaro 11-15-2010 03:17 PM

Ok, I finished chapter 4 last night and I'm trying to remember every step... I was stuck for a while, simply because I had forgot to talk to Dr. Styles in the house. After that, I went to the campus, met the rest of the gang, and the chapter ended.

Spoiler:
Anyway, you DON'T have to hide somewhere in the gym, simply set up the traps. Since you have 100% in that area, you are good to go!

Once again, forget about the library. It only has to do with the C Railer Swoll "quest", which is the next "step" in the daedalus challenge. From what I've understood, you haven't done anything regarding this, so, no bonuses. Go and talk to Mephistopheles, if you want to complete C Railer Swoll.

Are you sure you have checked thoroughly EVERY room? In the shy bloke's room, you have to take a photo and his mom's phone number. Beware: You have to use your mobile phone on the number to add it to your contacts. In the American's room, you have to check out the script.

After all that, return to the sex-bomb's room. Talk to her about all the others.

Have you done all the above?

Thorn 11-15-2010 03:29 PM

Since I have 0% C Railer Swoll and there is nothing Mephistopheles says to me concerning this/I cannot talk to him anymore.

Sam says "there, now both doors are covered" after I'm done with all the traps so there's no triggering of a cutscene there.

Man, I must have missed something major! Unluckely I cannot restart the chapter either because all my savefiles are ~57% of Chapter 4. :frown:

Is there anything you're supposed to do with the coin you get from your first riddle or so?

Yeah, I have
Spoiler:
talked to Dr. Styles completely, the house is now gray and I have seen the rooms and trash talked with Sex Bomb...

Oh pooey ._______.

Luther10 11-15-2010 04:30 PM

Chapter 2

Chapter 2 phone booth question:

Spoiler:
I was stuck at that point for a long time yesterday till I saw the 5-letter answer on page 1 of this thread. But how did you guys get to that solution? Where is the clue?

AndreaDraco83 11-15-2010 04:34 PM

It's in the Betrayer's Price riddle:

Spoiler:
The one who sold his soul for thirty (dinars), aka Judas. The answer was also suggested by the tour guide in the Cathedral, if you took time to talk to him thoroughly.

kuze 11-15-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luther10 (Post 563539)
Chapter 2 phone booth question:

Spoiler:
I was stuck at that point for a long time yesterday till I saw the 5-letter answer on page 1 of this thread. But how did you guys get to that solution? Where is the clue?

It's in the German walkthrough I had to consult.

Seriously though, there is a clue on that paper with instructions you got from the Black Wand shop, I believe.