You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #1

Default Neverwinter Nights: Aielund Saga

Hey, I know this is an older franchise, but it still rocks, IMO. I've been looking all over the Internet for a tip on getting through a portion of Act IV, part 3.

Here's my problem. I'm in Osric's castle, and I think I need to crack into an adamantium wall safe in his bedroom to retrieve some documents for the main plot. I am unable to open, though. It can't be bashed (says unable to reach target), my cleric spells don't affect it, my rogue henchman can't pick the lock, and my wizard henchman is out of knock spells.

A dialog box comes up when I click on the safe. It says that the safe has a tumbler instead of a keyhole and do I:

1. Turn the tumbler
2. Attempt to force the safe open
3. Leave it alone

I'm assuming there is something lying around the castle that will tell me what the combination is, but I've scoured the place (with aforementioned rogue) and haven't turned up anything. I'm about to reload the segment and replay it, but I'd hate to do that and still not solve it. Any help?

Last edited by Mac_Biodiesel; 11-15-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:33 PM   #2
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

In one of the rooms on the same level, there's a drunk nobleman, his name is Sebas (though I think he's just displayed as "Drunk Nobleman"). He knows the combination, and is willing to divulge it in exchange for some wine.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 11-16-2010, 07:19 AM   #3

Ahhhhh! The first time I encountered him, he didn't tell me anything useful or related to a safe, so I thought I had to kill him and loot his body. After I did that, there was no getting the combination.