You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #1

Default Myst Online: Uru Live Help

I have all the Myst games and have played Uru in the past. Recently I thought to visit Uru Live (the free site on line). There is one location in the game that (after checking with a walkthrough) requires two people in order to solve the puzzle. My friend and I tried to play it using two computers with the same IP address. It hasn’t worked. Has anyone else run into this situation or have any ideas? It looks pretty quiet around there. Can't believe more people aren't taking advantage of this fantastic place ... even if it's just to walk around and see the sights.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 08-05-2010, 11:09 AM   #2

I can't say for sure, but in related news there's a Cyan pack that includes Myst, Riven and URU+expansion (and three other Cyan titles, their earliest games) available on Steam

As far as I'm aware, the online aspect of the game has been closed for a while now. However, Cyan has released the source code for the online aspect for freeware, so maybe one day a dedicated team can get the game back online again
Old 08-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #3

Thanks for your response. I do have all the Myst Games already but I thought I’d play the online version that can be downloaded from the site I linked to in my first post. It’s a bit confusing as you can play online but I was wondering if two people with the same IP address can play together as two different avatars.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 08-07-2010, 10:08 PM   #4

I'm sure that your question will get an answer if you put it on the Uru live- Myst online forum. Surely you must have visited it if you're playing the game?

http://mystonline.com/en/
Old 08-12-2010, 01:53 PM   #5

I expect you've already got the answer, but I'll post it here for future reference.

Yes, you can play from two different comps with the same IP address. The second one just needs a different account and avatar. It's pretty trippy to use it even without another real player. I helped myself solve the puzzles using this method.