You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #1

Default Schizm subtitle file requested

Hi there,

I bought myself a copy of Schizm (DVD!), but after installing it seems there's only Dutch subs installed (and I can't even turn them off, hmpf).

I wonder if someone here has the English version of the game installed and can upload the little .txt file in their game folder so I may hurt my brains without the mess of English sound & Dutch words making it any worse!

In my install it's named "Speech04.txt" and it's located in the log folder

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by tegendemuur; 08-05-2010 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention I'm talking about the DVD version
Old 08-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
Freeware Co-ordinator

If you've bought the game and it has the wrong subtitle file in it, you should go back to the shop you bought it from. They have a responsibility to provide you with a copy with all the correct files.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 08-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #3

The game doesn't have the wrong subtitles. I'm Dutch, the game is all in Dutch. (I should have mentioned that in my first post, yes). It has been localized like they do sometimes, so it makes perfect sense they have Dutch subs... Yet I rather play with English subs and they sadly haven't included those in the game as well.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:43 AM   #4

Problem solved!

During Schizm's install, it copies all available language-files in the 'log'-folder. But then at the end of the installation it deletes all these files, except for the localized version. You need to quickly (couple of seconds) copy the "speech01.txt" before it is deleted, rename it to your version (for my Dutch version it would be "speech04.txt") and replace the file. Done; there's your English version!

(Blackcat: I can't send a private msg yet, since I'm too new for AG. If you would like this file, msg me your email and I'll send it to you)
Old 01-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegendemuur View Post
Problem solved!

During Schizm's install, it copies all available language-files in the 'log'-folder. But then at the end of the installation it deletes all these files, except for the localized version. You need to quickly (couple of seconds) copy the "speech01.txt" before it is deleted, rename it to your version (for my Dutch version it would be "speech04.txt") and replace the file. Done; there's your English version!

(Blackcat: I can't send a private msg yet, since I'm too new for AG. If you would like this file, msg me your email and I'll send it to you)
It is already a long time ago about this message, but I have the same problem. "tegendemuur" kun je mij dat bestandje mailen aub?

waakhond[at]hotmail[dot]com

met veel dank