Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   15 Days stopped working in 15 minutes (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/27156-15-days-stopped-working-15-minutes.html)

carlotta von uberwald 06-24-2010 11:54 AM

15 Days stopped working in 15 minutes

Hey guys: I just bought 15 Days from the Adventure Shop installed it ok played for about 15 minutes entered Cathryn's room then I got a pop up cougar engine V4.1 runtime has stopped working :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: How do I fix it?

beedes 06-26-2010 04:47 PM

same problem

I've encountered the same problem, although mine crashes at a different point. Along with the standard "cougar runtime has stopped working" error, I've also received a more detailed dialog box which says that the source of the error has something to do with an access violation relating to the rhc.exe file.

I tried running in XP sp3 compatibility, but with no luck.

FYI - I'm running it on a Vista 32-bit sp2 machine with an NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GT video adapter.

Any ideas anyone?

Niko 07-03-2010 02:55 AM

I have this on pre-order so dont have it yet, but this doesnt sound good :frown:

beedes 07-03-2010 09:41 AM

game play resumed, but with lots of saves

My game crashed while doing RyZoom searches in London (this is not a spoiler). I managed to resume game play by entering the correct search values into RyZoom. But now, the game crashes every 10-15 minutes. I can play the game, but I have to remember to save every 5-10 minutes.

Lana Cherin 07-03-2010 10:35 AM

Best thing you can all do is return the game; it's another drudge-fest typical of all too many "games" nowadays.

Consider this an opportunity to get out from under an otherwise tedious timewaster! :)

15 days is hardly more than a bad TV show (you mostly watch it, rather than play it) that you'd switch off quickly. Beyond that your "adventure" starts out with such modern-day excitement as going to your roommate's room to retrieve a remote control... uh-huh.

pizzo 07-03-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lana Cherin (Post 553807)
15 days is hardly more than a bad TV show (you mostly watch it, rather than play it) that you'd switch off quickly. Beyond that your "adventure" starts out with such modern-day excitement as going to your roommate's room to retrieve a remote control... uh-huh.

Is the game that bad? Tell me, Lana, have you already finished playing? If so, the game is like that from the beginning until the end? I was excited about the game... ;(

I was considering to buy it.

Lana Cherin 07-03-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Lana, have you already finished playing?
Yeah, I'm finished with it. I do not want to spend my time "playing" a cheap rip off of a derivative of "Hustle" (a successful but and slick but really quite mediocre UK TV show) in which my first bit of game play is to trudge up stairs and pick up a silly "hi-tech" remote...

Finished! I am.

All that is left for me to do is to continue to voice my opinion -- that being, that I don't appreciate this kind of junk. And I'm not desperate enough that I'm going to fool myself into pretending the churning out of this crap is not a detriment to the adventure game genre.

pizzo 07-03-2010 08:57 PM

Oh, it seems this game is not so good... I will wait a little before I decide if I am going to buy it or not.

Dale Baldwin 07-04-2010 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lana Cherin (Post 553837)
All that is left for me to do is to continue to voice my opinion -- that being, that I don't appreciate this kind of junk. And I'm not desperate enough that I'm going to fool myself into pretending the churning out of this crap is not a detriment to the adventure game genre.

While you're free to express your opinion, try and keep it out of a tech support thread. It's not helping the original poster.

yago99 07-05-2010 12:51 AM

15 days game technical problem

I have the same problem like the others here. Have anyone got the solution for it?

Thank you.

beedes 07-10-2010 12:12 PM

rough start, but ok now

Quote:

Originally Posted by beedes (Post 553801)
My game crashed while doing RyZoom searches in London (this is not a spoiler). I managed to resume game play by entering the correct search values into RyZoom. But now, the game crashes every 10-15 minutes. I can play the game, but I have to remember to save every 5-10 minutes.

Here's an update.

I had a rough start (lots of crashes while doing Ryzoom searches and then every 10 minutes), but the game hasn't crashed for a while so I'm hoping it's smooth sailing from here.

carlotta von uberwald 07-13-2010 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lana Cherin (Post 553807)
Best thing you can all do is return the game.

I bought the game from here in the adventure shop! I also contacted dtp-entertainment about the error it's got something to do with the graphics card

fov 08-07-2010 11:57 AM

I'm having this problem too. The first time was during a RyZoom search; the second time it was after I looked at the
Spoiler:
fingerprint activated lock at the modern museum.

I'm running Windows XP and my video card is a Geforce 9600.

Anyone know if there's a patch?

EDIT: After a few more of these seemingly random crashes, I'm now getting a consistent one
Spoiler:
trying to turn on my flashlight in the grenade room of the catacombs
. Not sure how to work around this...

Bakhtosh 08-15-2010 01:50 AM

You have to use the flashlight two times. Sadly it's already known that at some system configurations and a certain order of play the game may crash if you try to turn on the flashlight. Some people were able to bypass this problem when they changed the graphics setting of the game to the lowest possible quality settings with the lowest possible resolution. This also seems to lower the amount of random crashes some players encountered.

I've created a set of savegames for the situation at the storage room with the following savegames:
- at the storage room directly after you entered it (flashlight still turned off)
- at the storage room after turning of the flashlight
- at the storage room after turning on the regular light
- back before the storage room, after you've been to the storage room one (from this point it's definitely possible to continue as soon as the second important room has been found)
Downloadlink

And I've created a second set of savegames for the situation at the dark wall of the museum with the following savegames:
- at the dark wall of the museum (flashlight still turned off)
- at the bright wall of the museum (flashlight turned on and lying at the floor)
- Bernard at the storage room, directly after Cathryn has found the three areas at the wall of the museum
Downloadlink

These savegames were created with the german version, but I hope/think they will work with the english/international version also. The descriptions are in german though. But I think you can guess which one is which. The 15 Days savegame folder is located at the "My documents" (Win XP) or "Documents" (Win 7/Vista) folder.

gamerxyz 09-09-2010 09:03 AM

Hi all,

I have the same problem with the flashlight: as soon as I want to turn on the flashlight in the storage room in the catacombs the game crashes. Nothing helped so far.

I wanted to download the savegame but all links I found are already disabled :\ Could someone please be so nice and upload the savegame of the storage room in the catacombs again?

Thanks in advance!!

Bakhtosh 09-18-2010 01:54 AM

I've reuploaded the mentioned savegame archives:
- storage room savegames: Downloadlink
- dark wall of the museum savegames: Downloadlink
(for further info please read my previous past above)

fov 09-19-2010 12:52 PM

Thanks, Bakhtosh!

TaShane 11-28-2010 10:36 AM

Hi guys...
Could you please reupload the dark wall of the museum savegames?
Each time i turn on the torch.... crash!!!
Can't go on, i've been trying all the day!!!!!
Please!

thelackemanns 01-27-2011 07:08 AM

15 Days stopped working

I also am one that purchased and downloaded 15 Days and have received the dreaded "Cougar Engine V4.1 Runtime has stopped working" message. On other occasions I could just reload and get past that point but this time that does not work. Have just entered the "Cell" door using the remote and crash, can't seem to go any further. Can't seem to locate a Patch, any help would be appreciated. Even a saved game after that point if that's all that is available.:frusty::frusty:

fov 01-27-2011 09:28 AM

Did you try the saves Bakhtosh linked to above?