Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   A vampyre story. not able to save my progress (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/27124-vampyre-story-not-able-save-my-progress.html)

helpless 06-21-2010 05:07 AM

A vampyre story. not able to save my progress

Hello!

The machine Im using is a brand new Macbook pro OS X with 2,66GHz intel core i7, 4GB 1067MHz DDR3

I jus bought the game "a vampire story " but after playing about 10min, it wont react to the keyboard.
Press esc to save doesn't work and space bar to skip comments..

but the main thing I CANT SAVE?

Tryed to search the web for aswears, but the only thing I could find was patches for pc and didnt mention anything about saving problems and on a mac.

Please tell how to fix this problem so I can start enjoying the game without worrying about a power blackout that would make me restart the whole game.

Tried to email the company "Autumn Moon Entertainment" and "Virtual Programming" and no reply sofar.. And it has been weeks...

Hope someone out there can help me ASAP ;)

sincerely

Eirik

Udvarnoky 06-21-2010 04:22 PM

The Macintosh version of A Vampyre Story (which I assume is what you're playing as opposed to the PC version under Bootcamp or something) was developed by Virtual Programming, so they'd be your best bet for support. Good luck!

helpless 06-21-2010 10:54 PM

Yes , I actually wrote a email to VP to ;) But thanks for the heads up anyway..

dagma_h 03-07-2011 12:05 AM

Hello! Has anyone responded you, do you have a solution for the saving progress problem? The same thing is happening to me! Im not beeing able to play :s I have a MacBook Pro also

ihawk 08-22-2011 06:31 AM

Hi all me too, did anyone get an answer on this?

noplaya 09-12-2011 06:53 AM

same problem with - a vampire story

nice game - and it does not work well with macbook pro (....)
- hopefully there will be a solution posted....
has anyone found a link - because there has been an update for avs - i did not find one suitable for mac.... :\
noplaya

sinje 09-28-2011 12:23 AM

i've got the same problem too - has anyone had any success resolving this? Would love to play the game but having to reboot every 10 mins just isn't an option

LeSin 03-10-2012 11:39 PM

Resurecting this old thread with the power of necromancy, since nobody seems to have given an answer yet. I've played this game many moons ago and just reinstalled it last night and i remembered wondering for the longest time why i was having this problem and all my google search didn't turn anything up, so I thought i'd share my findings with every one, so there's at least an answer out there.

The mac version of this game has a very nasty bug where the game somehow doesn't 100% inhibit the existence of the Mac menu bar at the top. The one with the mac icon and all the menu items. Dunno what it's called. You can't see it, but trust me, it's there. What happens then is if you go up there with your mouse, and *click*, your computer now registers finder as the "active" screen and the game A Vampyre Story ceases to recognize any and all key strokes. Mouse still works, you can play, but you can't ESC to the menu to save, you can't space bar to skip anything, and the only way to exit the game is to opt cmd esc out.

You can actually confirm this by trying it out, when you go and click where the apple menu bar is within the game, notice your mouse icon. Notice the regular mouse cursor is kinda half hidden in there, flashing in and out of existence.

And that's why that happens.

I don't think a fix will ever see the light of day for this, so just be careful.

Also, it would seem the sequel is getting more and more unlikely as time goes :/, a sad day. I would love to continue this adventure.