You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2010, 05:10 PM   #1

Default scratches control

hey guys i just installed scratches on vista, and i'm having a slight problem.
my in-game mouse control is way too fast and the camera spins around a lot for a tiny movement. the camera speed is set on "slow" so that can't be it.
i was wondering if u guys had any suggestions on how to fix this

thx
Old 06-01-2010, 03:06 AM   #2
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Hey there,

Try enabling vertical sync for your video card. This should be done in the OpenGL settings.

The game does enable the vsync, but if the card overrides that setting, it won't help!
Old 06-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #3

wow a reply from the creator of the game himself!

thanks for the quick reply, enabling vsync worked perfectly.

such a great game dude. there's another post on this forum by me called "dark horror game" where i'm trying to find other games like scratches with a similar atmosphere and time period, but i haven't found any yet so i reinstalled scratches to play it agen since all this talk about it brought back memories of it. this is gonna be like my 4th time playing and it's still better than most games out there in terms of atmospheric horror, can't w8 for ur next game.

btw, do you have any suggestions of games like scratches that u think i'll like?
Old 06-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

My pleasure!

Glad to hear you liked the game this much. Hopefully, Unnamable Project will meet even your wildest expectations!

As for games similar to Scratches: the Dark Fall series and Barrow Hill are no-brainers IMO. Even if the atmosphere and gameplay differs a bit, they are scary and masterfully designed games.

Going a little back in time, you might want to try The Dark Eye. Again, it doesn't have much to do with Scratches in terms of gameplay, but it's one of the scariest games ever and remains a breathtaking experience to this day.

Hope that helps!
Old 06-01-2010, 12:53 PM   #5

thx for the suggestions, i've tried the darkfall series, but never tried barrow hill. probably will now

thx
Old 01-18-2012, 03:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stk22 View Post
thx for the suggestions, i've tried the darkfall series, but never tried barrow hill. probably will now

thx
Hi, sorry for first post to be a necro post but i just had to get this out of my chest.

Another game you might be interested in is the "Darknes within" series, from Zeotrope. (I'm a bit of a fanboy)

I just recently discovered Scratches and tried looking for a solution with the mouse(thanks Agustin).

But Darkness withing and Scratches are both heavy weights when it comes to creating a horror atmosphere.