Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Treasure Island - Help Thread (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/25983-treasure-island-help-thread.html)

argouen 12-12-2009 04:40 AM

Treasure Island - Help Thread

Hey all:) I am stuck in the very beginning of the game. I gave rum to the captain 1st time and now i need to refill the mug.. Anyone help please...:frown:

geo1977 12-12-2009 09:17 AM

I'll give you a little info without giving too much away.
Spoiler:
You cant refill his mug with rum, you have walk about and search everywhere, and collect some more things before you can complete the task you want to.
Hope that is of help and I havent gave too much away, just incase, I will put the info in a spoiler to be safe.

geo1977 12-12-2009 09:32 AM

Treasure Island (jungle level)

Need help with the jungle level. I can't work out the correct path throught the jungle, I have been trying for about 2 hours and just can't work out the correct system. I think it has something to do with the numbers associated with the dead peoples graves but I still cant work it out. Any help would be very much appreciated.

vyperin 12-12-2009 12:23 PM

More xtended help

This irritated me too :D
If the above still leaves you clueless, just try this:

Spoiler:

1) Go to the cellar and right-click all the objects to see/hear the description. That will give you a nice hint of what you could use to "wet his whistle" ;)
2) If you did not leave with an object from the cemetery - go back and turn every tombstone upside-down untill you do :P
3) The object from 2) should help you to follow the hint from 1) and make the man a refill

vyperin 12-12-2009 12:32 PM

Treasure Island (Chapter 3)

Ok, I am deep stuck ... :\

I am to prepare the soup for sea-sickness. I have allready got the greens (easy) and the meat (a bit more complicated since i missed the stick for about 1h or so).

Now i am to get the rum - i have tumbled down the barrels but it seems (in my opinion) that I have to obtain the lucky charm from the poor bastard so I could extract it into the recipient.

Problem is he's not willing to give it to me and I cannot find another usable object aboard the ship ... I've got a pitcher, an axe, a water diper, a cloth scrap, the storeroom key and my pretty useless amulet ;(

All the characters have no more dialogue options sooooo ... i don't care about spoilers - lemme out of there ;)

Regards.

geo1977 12-12-2009 01:45 PM

Took me ages to work it out.
Spoiler:
You have to use the bit of flag you got from the mast, and use it with the ink in the captains office, then you use it as a black spot to the guy with the talisman.

Hope that helps and if you dont know how to use it then I can post that aswell.

argouen 12-13-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geo1977 (Post 532637)
I'll give you a little info without giving too much away.
Spoiler:
You cant refill his mug with rum, you have walk about and search everywhere, and collect some more things before you can complete the task you want to.
Hope that is of help and I havent gave too much away, just incase, I will put the info in a spoiler to be safe.

Still stuck!! I have a broom, the medalion and the empty mug.. i think i ve been everywhere.. the brandy is too good for captain i cant obtain water from the well, i know i miss smth important ...:frusty:
Help me please

zak 12-13-2009 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by argouen (Post 532701)
Still stuck!! I have a broom, the medalion and the empty mug.. i think i ve been everywhere.. the brandy is too good for captain i cant obtain water from the well, i know i miss smth important ...:frusty:
Help me please

Try check the big statue at the cemetary it might have a item u can use to get water from the well.

zak 12-13-2009 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geo1977 (Post 532638)
Need help with the jungle level. I can't work out the correct path throught the jungle, I have been trying for about 2 hours and just can't work out the correct system. I think it has something to do with the numbers associated with the dead peoples graves but I still cant work it out. Any help would be very much appreciated.

The solution is to take the days of death first which is the 3rd grave stone he died after 2days then u take notice of the name of the person which has 4 in the name on the 3rd grave stone so go into the jungle find the small wood carved men handing down at the paths one has 4 then u take that path and continue like this.

Gabriel Ritter 12-13-2009 07:59 AM

Can't run Treasure Island - D3D error

Hi folks,

I came acroos this awesome site while google-ing for help concerning a Treasure Island techinical problem. It's great to have a site where I can talk about more "obscure" games.

But I digress.

So, I recently got Treasure Island and been dying to play it. Unfortunately, everytime I try to, all I got is this message: nD3D9Server: Could not create d3d device! DirectXError is: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL.

So, minimum requirements are not a problem, as well as driver updating. I have the latest DirectX installed too and I try verything I could dig up on google. So I was wondering if someone has any new ideas or (even better) if someone rn across this issue and got it solved.

Cheers and thanks in advance!

geo1977 12-13-2009 08:09 AM

Thanks for your help Zak, but I still cant get the right way. I have tried the number thing and I must still be doing something wrong. I start by going through the path with 4 wooden people then I go through the the one with 2 because he died on the second day, is that right? or should it be through the one with 2 wooden people and then 4?

zak 12-13-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geo1977 (Post 532745)
Thanks for your help Zak, but I still cant get the right way. I have tried the number thing and I must still be doing something wrong. I start by going through the path with 4 wooden people then I go through the the one with 2 because he died on the second day, is that right? or should it be through the one with 2 wooden people and then 4?

You only go through the one with 4 wooden people, then forget about that grave. Then u move on to the grave which guy died next.

If ure still having troubles ill post whole solution.

geo1977 12-13-2009 08:29 AM

Thank you mate, I have managed to get through now with your help.

zak 12-13-2009 08:31 AM

Your welcome have fun playing :D

andrichardson 12-13-2009 11:42 AM

ok i am on the boat and i need the boats inventory sheet but dont have a clue where it is could someone help me out i don,t mind spoiler thanks in advance

geo1977 12-13-2009 11:59 AM

The inventory sheet
Spoiler:
is in the captains room

andrichardson 12-13-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geo1977 (Post 532784)
The inventory sheet
Spoiler:
is in the captains room

where in the room

geo1977 12-13-2009 12:07 PM

It's on the second last deck of the ship, when you approach it the captain tells you to leave.

andrichardson 12-13-2009 12:34 PM

i mean where inside the room i have looked all over all i can find is a blank sheet of paper

geo1977 12-13-2009 12:46 PM

Inventory sheet.
Spoiler:
It's in the safe, which is to the right of the door when you enter.