You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2009, 03:49 PM   #61

do you need the cheese for the trap ?
cant get it from docs room
Old 12-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by omike View Post
do you need the cheese for the trap ?
cant get it from docs room
Spoiler:
No cheese needed for the rat trap mate. Have you been to the store room and seen a rat? If not you must have missed something.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #63

put rope stick and bucket together got rum greens see rat but put trap on rat says dont work
when i look at trap says its still missing somthing

Last edited by omike; 12-15-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:32 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by omike View Post
put rope stick and bucket together got rum greens see rat but put trap on rat says dont work
when i look at trap says its still missing somthing
Spoiler:
Check the kitchen again, have a look at the pot boiling and you should see something near it that you can use for bait. I had to go back to the level again, I forgot about the bait.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:39 PM   #65

thanks that was it been look all over for two hours dint even see that
Old 12-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo1977 View Post
Spoiler:
Try getting the hook out of the bucket and something should happen to a cat.
i have already done that. George is under the mirror and i have the ring on the matchholder, but still stuck
Old 12-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythos1970 View Post
i have already done that. George is under the mirror and i have the ring on the matchholder, but still stuck
Spoiler:

Have you walked over to the door and tried to release the knot that his holding the mirror up? If you do that the mirror should drop and you can then get the net.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:47 AM   #68

hello
i think i am near the end of the game
i am in the jungle with Antoinette and i am trying to find the cave and the treasure but i am stuck and can not find it,i keeping coming to a dead end,is there a methood to get to the cave and the treasure that i miss?
please help
Old 12-17-2009, 07:30 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo1977 View Post
Took me ages to work it out.
Spoiler:
You have to use the bit of flag you got from the mast, and use it with the ink in the captains office, then you use it as a black spot to the guy with the talisman.

Hope that helps and if you dont know how to use it then I can post that aswell.
How do you use the black spot then?
Old 12-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmitav8674 View Post
hello
i think i am near the end of the game
i am in the jungle with Antoinette and i am trying to find the cave and the treasure but i am stuck and can not find it,i keeping coming to a dead end,is there a methood to get to the cave and the treasure that i miss?
please help
Spoiler:
I done it first time with pure luck and dont know the exact way, but I think it was left, left, straight ahead and left again.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:29 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by emreggub View Post
How do you use the black spot then?
Spoiler:
you have to drop it down from the deck so it lands beside him. you know the bit on deck that you click and it says george is bellow.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:28 AM   #72
zak

Anyone else stuck mag released her famous walkthrough http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/...TreasureIs.htm never fails.

Any best day CHRONICLES OF MYSTERY: THE TREE OF LIFE just arrived will be installing soon
Old 01-09-2010, 02:23 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuKaFuk View Post
Hello,

I'm a bit stuck in Bristol. I figured out that i need to catch the gleaming fish and i have the iron ring and the net, but i can't seem to find what else i need and it's driving me .

Can someone please help me??
hey how did u manage to get the net?
Old 01-24-2010, 03:33 PM   #74

Uninstall the game through the control panel. Re-install and if you have the option to install direcdtx, do so. Try to start the game. If you still have the error, do a search on your hard drive and delete the file profile.xml andtry to startr the game again. It worked for me.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:36 AM   #75

Default Treasure Island Help Thread

Can anyone help me with the door combination and how to enter it? I’ve tried different numbers, and different ways of entering it turning clockwise-counterclockwise, pressing enter after each number, etc. but nothing seems to work.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #76

Default Solving it in 1min

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Ritter View Post
Hi folks,

I came acroos this awesome site while google-ing for help concerning a Treasure Island techinical problem. It's great to have a site where I can talk about more "obscure" games.

But I digress.

So, I recently got Treasure Island and been dying to play it. Unfortunately, everytime I try to, all I got is this message: nD3D9Server: Could not create d3d device! DirectXError is: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL.

So, minimum requirements are not a problem, as well as driver updating. I have the latest DirectX installed too and I try verything I could dig up on google. So I was wondering if someone has any new ideas or (even better) if someone rn across this issue and got it solved.

Cheers and thanks in advance!
I assume that you have had the game running before in your computer before this happened. If not then this solution might not be it. Could be that u have to update the drivers(again n again) and reinstall directX to the latest one.

But if you really do have had the game running smoothly before, and only face with this issue recently, then my bet is that you have changed the screen resolution in the game options. (nevertheless, give it a try anyway)

Note that by changing the resolution that your monitor doesnt support will cause the d3d device error. Let say you have a widescreen and it doesnt support 1280x1024. there are 3 resolution available to choose from in the game, one of it is 1280x1024. Choosing that option will cause the game to crash.

One of the easiest solution is so far that you can opt for is,
1OWNLOAD XML NOTEPAD 2007
2:FIND 'profile.xml' which belongs to the treasure island folder.
3:OPEN the xml file in XML NOTEPAD 2007.
4:CHANGE the screen height/width to 800x600 (the location of the strings is pretty obvious, you can see it right a way)
5:SAVE the xml file.
6LAY THE AWESOME GAME ONCE AGAIN

p/s: xml notepad 2007 is just one alternative software which is free and can handle xml files. You are free to try other known software that can edit xml files.

p/s: profile.xml is usually in My Documents folder, if you cannot find it, try to find it here by typing:-
cprogramdata\hmh Interactive\treasure island\profiles\default

p/s: 800x600 is commonly supported by most monitor, that's why you are suggested to edit it that way. Once you get control of the game again, you can change into 1024x768 if you want to (and if your monitor supports it)

thats it, hope it helps.
"Malaysia BOLEH"