Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Dark Fall Lost Souls - Help Thread (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/25925-dark-fall-lost-souls-help-thread.html)

ArsenyK 12-04-2009 01:12 PM

Dark Fall Lost Souls - Help Thread

Can anyone help me with the door combination and how to enter it? I’ve tried different numbers, and different ways of entering it (turning clockwise-counterclockwise, pressing enter after each number, etc.) but nothing seems to work.

Veovis 12-04-2009 01:52 PM

Didn't even know the game was released yet... But, sure enough, after reading this post I found a torrent for it. Strange. I've had this on pre-order for about a month and can't for the hell of me find a place to buy it legally yet. And developers and publishers still have the nerve to whine about piracy... Well, since it is Jonathan Boake's game I will certainly eventually pay for it, but it's kind of a shame that I must download illegally to play it before christmas.

Where did You find it ArsenyK?

Edit: Sorry. My bad. Just saw that it has been released officially through digital distribution. Still... My point kind of stick. Pity they choose to make download versions with DRM available before boxed versions. If they think that's a good business decision, I'm sure they are wrong.

smulan 12-04-2009 02:10 PM

That would be ashame Veovis - try this:
http://impulsedriven.com/dfall

Veovis 12-04-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smulan (Post 531305)
That would be ashame Veovis - try this:
http://impulsedriven.com/dfall

Thanks! No need to worry though. I will pay for it. But it will be for the boxed version.:)

ArsenyK 12-04-2009 02:35 PM

It’s nice to see people policing the games other people play with such enthusiasm. It just happens so that in a place where I live we’re lucky to get a badly localized version three of four moth after English-speaking world sees the release, and the alternative includes paying 30-50 dollars for shipping. Digital distribution suddenly seems very attractive, DRM or not.

And thanks for the help with my problem, by the way.

Veovis 12-04-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArsenyK (Post 531309)
And thanks for the help with my problem, by the way.

So it helped? You're welcome!

jbhypno 12-04-2009 09:50 PM

Dark Fall Lost Souls StationMaster Ghost

I am in the station and there is a ghost blocking me which won't move or go away. I think I need to turn the power on but there is no light in the shed and my phone light won't come on. I know I am missing something simple but just can't make any further progress. Can someone provide a hint to point me in the right direction. Thanks.

tomplaneswalker 12-04-2009 11:28 PM

You should be able to find a 'means' of illuminition in the shack itself and an empty 'socket' (hint hint ;-))

tomplaneswalker 12-04-2009 11:29 PM

You can find the solution in the same room as the locked door, look in the darkened ticket booth (cell phones can be handy to shed some light on things) and look around the room for all the right clues, it's an 8 digit number.

tomplaneswalker 12-04-2009 11:32 PM

Dark Fall: Lost Souls => Recorder Bug

Hey there,

Is anyone else experiencing some kind of bug with the tape recorder in the game. I found it and the game says I have to right click to magnify/play but it doesn't work for this item (at least at the moment). Is something extra needed (just yes and no please, no solution) or is this a bug of some kind (I need the recorder to apparently solve the bones puzzle in the buffet room)

ArsenyK 12-05-2009 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomplaneswalker (Post 531345)
You can find the solution in the same room as the locked door, look in the darkened ticket booth (cell phones can be handy to shed some light on things) and look around the room for all the right clues, it's an 8 digit number.

Sorry, I should have made that more clear – I found the stationmaster’s letter, and I assume the code is 325 72941 (first three numbers from three service clipboard, the last five from 4.10 PM signature), but no matter how I input it, it doesn’t work.

markerr 12-05-2009 01:24 AM

Dark Fall Lost Souls power puzzle

Hey, I'm stuck at the part where you find the lever in the ladies toilet, then attach in to the box on the left as you're heading to the station. I turn the lever ok but the pully that's holding the crate drops it every time. I'm guessing you have to secure the mechanism somehow but everything I try won't work. Can I please pick someones wonderful brain?
Thanks!

ArsenyK 12-05-2009 01:45 AM

Err… You could try using the pin (from the toolbox near the crate) on the mechanism and pulling the lever several times, until the cable locks in place.

kira-san 12-05-2009 03:03 AM

that is a wrong code.The right code is 437 21974.=)

kira-san 12-05-2009 03:06 AM

who knows what sould i do with the valve which i found near water tower?and how can open a tools box near rower staion?

markerr 12-05-2009 03:16 AM

There is no "pin" in the tool box, only a cylinder looking thing (I've found 3 now) and I have no idea what they are. Also, once I've inserted the lever found in the loo I only get to pull it down once only, then the cut scene of the crate falling happens. Can't access any inventory items once it's pulled either. There's some kind of latch thing in the box that the hand can activate once you've pulled the lever but nothing works. Guess I'll have to wait for the walkthrough :frusty: Nice game tho plus I'm playing it on hard...hmmm thanks anyways

kira-san 12-05-2009 03:23 AM

this is a fuse.you will use it to turn power on.The box which is blocking your way - you must press the mouse botton and move several times then a mechanism will six the box automaticly

tarbarme 12-05-2009 03:40 AM

strange black screen

Hello,
I'm getting a strange black screen. I can see the cursor, cellphone, and I think some picked up items at the start of the game.(vodka,pills) But I don't see the main room picture just that black screen. If anyone can help that would be great.
Laurelle

kira-san 12-05-2009 03:52 AM

use your cellphone,there is a light function XD

Bout 12-05-2009 03:53 AM

What you have to do is :

On the left you have the phone .
On the phone you have a symbol of a flasglight just press on it with the mouse .