You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
Random

Default Constant slowdowns on games!

Dudes, i have a problem!

It started like 6 or 8 months ago when i upgraded my hardware. Instead of having a smooth and enjoyable gameplay my life becomes a hell everytime i try to play something. I'm suffering by constant slowdowns, and it was not supposed to happen because I have a PC with 400gb on hard disk, 4GB RAM, AMD athlon 64 x2 5600+ and a GF 9600 graphic card and even on LOW graphics specs games like Still life 2, Left 4 dead, the whitcher, GTA SAN ANDREAS, Fallout 3 keep lagging every 10 seconds.

What i have tried to do:

- Updated graphic card drivers. Didn't worked...
- I was using XP 32 bits. "ohh maybe on 64 bits OS i'll have a better performance cause i use a x64 processor" Nahh. I bought a brand new HD and installed Windows 7 x64, still with the same problem. Didn't worked...
-Closed all programs running, like msn, anti-virus, etc. Didn't worked...

I've opened the task manager when the game starts to lag, and noticed that it shows 100% CPU using while it is lagging and after a few seconds it comes back to 10-15% when the game stablish. Maybe the problem is related with CPU? It's the only clue i have. I had a way superior performance with my old PC and it was a piece of junk comparated to this. Please guys, could someone help me?

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.

Last edited by Denaron; 09-26-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
Random

Problem solved. I believe the system was overheanting. I've put a small fan behind the CPU and it just worked well. WohoO! xD

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
fov
Rattenmonster

Thanks for posting an update. I just got a new computer with the same video card (but haven't experienced the problem you described), so I was curious.