You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
Vini Vidi Vici

Default Broken Sword 4 - Sluuuggish

Hi All

Hope you can help me.

I've tried searching for help for this topic, but whenever a solution is presented, just as many people state that is doesn't work. So I am confused...

Well, I've just got BS4 and was looking forward to playing this game. But so far the experience has been unsatisfactory at best.

The video and general graphic is slow, and the mouse is unresponsive and jumpy.

Is this solveable?

I have an acer emachine 725

Intel® Pentium® mobile processor T4200 2GHZ
4Gb RAM
Mobile Intel® GL40 Express Chipset with integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M (Intel® GMA 4500M with up to 1759 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 (64 MB of dedicated video memory, up to 1695 MB of shared system memory)

I would think that I meet the system requirements but... well.... right now it is a rather frustrating experience.

Hope you can help!
Old 08-25-2009, 01:27 PM   #2

Of all the games I've played on my computer, I think BS4 has been one of the most sluggish (and also one of the ugliest, which means sloppy programming was probably involved). Still, it was nowhere near unplayable.

The problem with your computer is that you don't have a proper graphics card. The Intel integrated thingie is good enough to get the desktop eye candy on Vista, but it was never really meant for games. I doubt you'll manage to run a lot of full-3D games on your laptop.

Anyway, BS4 is mostly awful, so you're not missing much.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:26 PM   #3
Vini Vidi Vici

Arh... ok. Well it is a shame. I'll just have to stick to playing some of the older games instead.