You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems The Lost Crown - Stuck in Day 2: Blacksmith broken?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2009, 08:36 AM   #1

Default The Lost Crown - Stuck in Day 2: Blacksmith broken?

I've been playing The Lost Crown recently, for the first time. Finding myself addicted so far, but it has this issue where it won't let you advance unless you click EVERY possible thing before that point.

Anyways, I've been using two different walkthroughs. The one by MaGtRo and the one by Steve Metzler.

In the first part of "Day 2: A new face in an old town...", I cannot strike up a conversation with Bob Tawney, the blacksmith. I have done every action in both walkthroughs up to this point, and both walkthroughs says to talk to Bob Tawney and you find out about the old lady and her kids and THEN he says hes busy and will meet me at The Bear (hotel) later.

My problem is, I go to talk to him, and he just says "No offense lad, I'm a bit busy right now."

And then the conversation ends!?

I have retraced all my steps, spents hours on Google (finding that I'm not the only one with this problem, but nobody else got any answers). I've talked to everybody else, looked at every sign, and YES I even fed his pig.

What, oh what, am I missing? What little pixel did I not click to activate the trigger for this conversation? I've been on this for DAYS, and am beginning to tire of this game. I need to talk to him to trigger another interaction to advance in the game. Help me Aventure Gamers forums, you're my only hope.

Edit: Oh and yes, I have the 1.1 patch installed.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
Stalker of Britain

Hey there, EvilAsh, and welcome to the forums. I'm sorry you're having trouble, but please don't give up on this game. It really is wonderful. Hmm...I've never heard of anyone having problems here. Have you talked to Nanny Noah? She'll mention something important about Tawny. And I'm not sure how important it is to do this, but make sure to talk to Spitmore (the journalist) and try to enter the museum. I know it says all this in the walkthrough, but it's all I can think of. I hope this helps.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-17-2009, 02:20 PM   #3

Thanks for the help.

I've thuroughly talked to Noah and Spitmore, twice. I have asked Noah where to find local crafts, and she recommends going to Bob's, who is a very "Saxton like soul."

I have also gotten to cold shoulder, as always, from Spitmore.

I have knocked on the door to the museum - is there any other way of "trying to get in" that I overlooked? I've made sure to look at all the sign, in all the windows, and all the carvings...
Old 04-17-2009, 02:35 PM   #4

Hi EvilAsh,

Have you made sure to read the poison pen letter and the newspaper you received that morning? I often found in this game that when I couldn't advance, it was because I had forgotten to read something.

Also, I would recommend that you show Nanny Noah everything you have.

I don't remember having a problem advancing at the particular spot you're talking about, but maybe rereading documents will help.

Good luck!
Old 04-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #5
Stalker of Britain

I don't think showing her EVERYTHING is necessary, but definetely remember to go into inventory and read the pen letter. Maybe show it to Nanny Noah, though. But I remember that it didn't automatically show you the pen letter, I think, so make sure to pull it up.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #6

I have re-read both inventory (newspaper with CatWatch article and poison pen letter) items, and all other just in case.

I have shown everything to Nanny Noah.

Could it be a glitch?

When I first talked to him, I said "Hello again."

Now at first its because I assumed he was the guy putting up the fayre banners the night before...

But maybe it thinks I had the convo... but I never actually did?

After you talk with him, can you still talk to him as many times as you like?

I dunno, I'm just stabbing in the dark. This is silly.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #7
Stalker of Britain

I'm sorry you're having such trouble. Do you happen to have a save game right before that day? Hmm...Nigel has seen Tawny putting up the May Day Fayre decorations, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I can try to send you a saved game before that, but it would take me some time.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:20 PM   #8

I have multiple save games prior to this part of Day 2.

I guess the real solution would be to get saved game right before the next step (which yes I read ahead, is meeting Lucy Ruebel [forget her name] by my Harbour Cottage).

I could send my save game to somebody else, perhaps? See if it works for them, for some reason... I don't know.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:04 AM   #9
Stalker of Britain

You can, if you'd like. If you have an email address apart from AdventureForums, you can send it to my email.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #10

Default Broken Blacksmith

I am have the same exact problem as EvilAsh24! Did starting again from a point previous to this glitch work? I've tried everything else. I can't have a conversation with Bob Tawney and it is making me sad because I am enjoying this game a great deal but I'm getting quite frustrated with being unable to move forward. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:54 AM   #11

What about walking around for a while? Sometimes you actually need to use some "real" time between conversations. What about walking out to the lighthouse? Or is that not possible yet? Take some photos?
Old 05-16-2009, 02:29 PM   #12

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if you found a solution for this problem. Since i have exactly the same thing..

Been looking around online, found more ppl with this issue but no response as in how to fix it

I really like it so far, so i would love to finish it. (since i just started!)
Tried to continue the game without Bob Tawny.. but no letter of lucy nothing in The bear etc etc.. So im afraid this is one of the steps that just really need to happen.

If you got it fixed EvilAsh, i would love to hear how
Old 08-15-2009, 03:51 AM   #13

HI, I was too having the same problem and spent hours as Bob Tawny wouldnt talk at all. all he would say was "no offence lad..too busy"

But managed to get him talking finally, though I wasnt so hopeful initially. ANyway, I went to back Nanny Noah and her Dog, talked to her about everything..antique shop, bob, etc...showed her ALL items to give feedback. Went to musuem, looked at crown creature carving, knocked on door, no reply, went to lighthouse got some food, gave it to the pig..waited till it was all swalled (not sure if this is required but desperation led me to try this!), then to Bob Tawny and then he started talking....yippeee!!

Definitely seems to be a bug, coz I had done all those above things before too but probably not in that particular sequence. Oh yes, I also made sure I read the morning paper and the threat letter again...just to be sure i didnt miss anything before heading back to Bob.

good luck.