You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Installing Casebook Episode I in Linux under Crossover Games

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2009, 06:15 AM   #1

Default Installing Casebook Episode I in Linux under Crossover Games

Has anyone successfully installed and played Casebook Episode I on Crossover Games? I've installed it okay, but get an error message come up about a missing component when I try to launch it. I found out that I needed to also install something in the location where the game was installed to, and I think the name was wic_x86_enu.exe. That failed to install too. I looked up the error message that produced, implemented a workaround mentioned on the Codeweavers site, and whilst it didn't complain after trying to install, the game still says it's missing the component.

Anyone got it working in Linux yet?
Old 05-11-2009, 04:54 AM   #2

I've tried installing it under Wine, Cedega and Crossover Games, and none of them work. I contacted the company which makes the game and they couldn't offer any advice beyond installing that wic_x86_enu.exe file, which doesn't work. BUT... the guy I wrote to did say they are looking into a Linux port, but couldn't promise any particular time-frame for release.