You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Can't smash plane window on Broken Sword 3!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 07:07 AM   #1

Default Can't smash plane window on Broken Sword 3!

This is driving me mad now I don't know what's wrong, I'm right at the start and I've done everything I need. When I pick up the fire extinguisher to smash the window the only option I get is to put it down or look someone please help
Click Here to view screenshots
Old 03-03-2009, 08:22 AM   #2
The Quiet One

Depending on what machine your playing it on, there should be a key/button to press that cycles through the objects you can try and use the extinguisher on. The highlighted objects have a little star above or on them. Keep cycling until a star appears on the window.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 03-03-2009, 08:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Depending on what machine your playing it on, there should be a key/button to press that cycles through the objects you can try and use the extinguisher on. The highlighted objects have a little star above or on them. Keep cycling until a star appears on the window.
Playing it on a desktop pc, I've pressed every single key on my keyboard and nothing happens lol
Old 03-03-2009, 08:42 AM   #4
Super Moderator

My very flaky memory thinks that it should be Page Up / Page Down to change between hotspots.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
My very flaky memory thinks that it should be Page Up / Page Down to change between hotspots.
Tried this and nothing happens

Perhaps it's a bug?
Old 03-03-2009, 09:37 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Just checked my manual, and my memory was right about those controls. Have you definitely woken Harry up?
Old 03-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
Just checked my manual, and my memory was right about those controls. Have you definitely woken Harry up?
Yeah mate definatly woken up, I'll try the controls again but I'm pretty sure they're not working.

And I don't know why the game has made two desktop shortcuts, one silver one just saying broken sword and one orange one saying broken sword - the sleeping dragon. Both do exactly the same though
Old 03-03-2009, 10:19 AM   #8

Just tried again, no luck i'm afriad
Old 03-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #9
The Quiet One

Try changing the controls under Control Preferences. First see what keys have been assigned for highlighting objects and change them to something like Numpad 7 and 9 (which i use).

As for the icons, the silver one will load up the game normally along with your prefered settings. The orange one will load the game up with default settings and the in-game screen resolution will be set to 800x600 pixels.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 03-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Try changing the controls under Control Preferences. First see what keys have been assigned for highlighting objects and change them to something like Numpad 7 and 9 (which i use).

As for the icons, the silver one will load up the game normally along with your prefered settings. The orange one will load the game up with default settings and the in-game screen resolution will be set to 800x600 pixels.
Thanks, just tried this but still no luck
Old 03-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #11
Adventurer

I had a similar problem where the page up/down buttons didn't cycle like they were supposed to, which made selecting between tight hotspots nearly impossible.
I got through it by crtl-alt-del or minimizing the screen (windows button), I can't quite remember. But often, when I would bring the game window back, it would have switched to a different (and hopefully correct) hotspot!

Hope this helps...
Old 03-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRMW View Post
I had a similar problem where the page up/down buttons didn't cycle like they were supposed to, which made selecting between tight hotspots nearly impossible.
I got through it by crtl-alt-del or minimizing the screen (windows button), I can't quite remember. But often, when I would bring the game window back, it would have switched to a different (and hopefully correct) hotspot!

Hope this helps...
Been trying for ages nothing has happened this is madness surely I can complain to Revolution about this dud game?
Old 03-04-2009, 06:39 AM   #13

hello I have completed all the 3 broken sword games. What are you using to break the window? did you give the beer bottle to Harry after he woke up? The fire extinguisher then breaks the window. But the plane must not be over balanced before bereaking the window. the crate has to be moved to the south (back of plane).
I found in Discworld 1 and 2 I have to press the windows button on my keyboard to minimise it at times to stop it from crashing. Also, I could only save the game at the unseen university. I ran both games via dosbox.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma View Post
hello I have completed all the 3 broken sword games. What are you using to break the window? did you give the beer bottle to Harry after he woke up? The fire extinguisher then breaks the window. But the plane must not be over balanced before bereaking the window. the crate has to be moved to the south (back of plane).
I found in Discworld 1 and 2 I have to press the windows button on my keyboard to minimise it at times to stop it from crashing. Also, I could only save the game at the unseen university. I ran both games via dosbox.
Yes I have done all this I've done everything right but it still won't work
Old 03-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #15

I completed the game fine.

Last edited by AndreaDraco83; 03-05-2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Insulting tone and rudeness
Old 03-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #16

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Jemma, your rudeness is totally out of place. Please, try and avoid any kind of personal insult on these forums, they are puerile and meaningless.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 03-08-2009, 05:12 AM   #17

I've sadly had to give up on the game as no matter what I do I can't smash the window
Old 03-08-2009, 07:36 AM   #18
Monkeyboy

Try uninstalling/reinstalling?
Old 03-08-2009, 05:47 PM   #19

I'll try and let you know if it worked tomorrow thanks