You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems King's Quest 5 cat and rat don't appear

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
Pixiehunter

Default King's Quest 5 cat and rat don't appear

So I am currently playing KQ V. I have been in the desert succesfully, I have beaten the magic forest succesfully and now I am miserably stuck.
I know that, once you have something like a boot, and you are at the scene with the outside of the bakery, a cat and rat should appear. Which they did perfectly the first time I entered that scene after my journeys in the desert and forest.
So, thinking the cat and rat were bound to be of some significance, I restored a previous savegame (at which I had just left the forest) to get a better view of it. Again, at first scene entrance, lo ande behold, the cat and rat.
But now....they just don't appear anymore. I restore from the same savegame as before, a save in which I have not yet seen the cat and rat before, and in which they should appear (I have the boot). But they don't show up. I have been walking to and fro for ages. No cat, nor rat.

So, does anyone know whether I have missed something in my last playthroughs that prevents the appearance of the cat and rat, or else does someone have a savegame after throwing the boot at the bloody cat? (I have the KQ collection). This is driving me slightly mad