You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2009, 01:13 AM   #1

Default big problem with "so blonde"

hi there everyone,

I've got a pretty big issue with so blonde: the characters don't show up! backgrounds work fine, even the birds and all that but I cannot see the main character or any others. I can hear her walk and sort of play the game but no characters.

this could be because of my video card (intel gma, no hardware T&L, bloody laptop card), but I'd like to be sure...

EDIT: nevermind, found it after a bit of searching that the characters need shader support. they don't look like they're shaded. anyway, talk about pointless features being added which stop me, with a budget 2008 pc from playing a game which is in no way graphically different than monkey island...

Last edited by eydryan; 01-14-2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:29 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Well, So Blonde is anything but similar to Monkey Island graphic style. I'm sorry that you can't play the game, but the system requirements were pretty clear in this regard.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 01-14-2009, 03:43 AM   #3

i made it work using swiftshader, and it runs pretty ok because the processor is powerfull.

but the requirements say nothing about pixel shader, they only say DX9 compatible, and that it is. why do you say they're clear?...
Old 01-14-2009, 03:55 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Uhm. I don't know if I have a different version than yours, but the back of my box clearly states that it is required a Graphic Card of 128 MB with compatibility with DirectX 9.0c.

Now, maybe I'm wrong, but I know your integrated graphical chipset - my boyfriend had it too - and, if I'm not mistaken, it hasn't 128 MB.

Anyway, the most important thing is that you're finally playing the game: enjoy it!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 01-14-2009, 05:19 AM   #5

well yes but it should state that it needs a technology called pixel shader. it's not about memory, mine has 256mb of vram, but it's made by intel so it sucks.

game is pretty nice, especially now that I can see the characters

thanks for the replies, can't wait to play some more, it's pretty funny, does give me a yearning for the curse of monkey island
Old 07-03-2010, 07:04 AM   #6
Adventurer

I'm having the same problem with So Blonde (Characters don't appear) but, as far as I can tell, my system specs are ok.

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.86GHz
Memory: 1016MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Video Card:
Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Chip type: Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset
Display Memory: 128.0 MB

Everything else runs just fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,
William
Old 07-04-2010, 01:33 AM   #7

i remember that after searching some forums or something I found something that emulated shaders. The game didn't run very smoothly but at least I could see the characters. Can't remember what it was called though, sorry about that.