You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2008, 08:04 AM   #1

Default Problems with Tunguska patch

I just (finally) finished Tunguska, the original version, and downloaded/installed the patch to look at the alternative ending. But I can not run it. There is a pop-up saying Please insert cd of "My application name". The game CD is inserted. I don't know what the "My application name" should be. All files are in the same folder.

Anyone else that had this problem?
Old 12-27-2008, 08:26 AM   #2

Are you sure you used the right patch for your version? Patches usually also include the copy protection system, which can differ from one publisher to another. So if you used, say, a patch for the British version (which uses Securom), while the version you have is the US version (which uses Starforce)*, then your disc won't be recognised by your patched game. So make sure you get the right patch for your version, ideally from the publisher's site.

* That's just an example ; I have no idea which version uses what.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:38 AM   #3

Well, it looks like the games shipped lately (sort of now, dec 2008) has got the new ending. I found something on Yoytube. Now I wonder what the old one was..

But thanks Kurufinwe, it probably would have helped me.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:05 PM   #4

The patch from TAC will not work with the TAC published game if you bought the game as part of the "Adventure Collection", as the patch does not recognise the DVD as the correct game DVD. (Stupid, huh?)