Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   So Blonde and A Vampyre Story technical help. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/23799-so-blonde-vampyre-story-technical-help.html)

OutlawJim 12-25-2008 04:51 PM

So Blonde and A Vampyre Story technical help.

Hi, I got both So Blonde and A Vampyre Story from my parents for christmas, and I've run into problems with both of them already.

The more important one is with So Blonde. When I put the disc in and run the installer, AVG brings up a message that there is a trojan virus on the disc or something. I don't wanna install the game without knowing why it would say that. My dad said he got the game off amazon, and it looks like a retail copy to me, so I don't know why it would do that.

With regards to A Vampyre Story, I'm playing it, and I just opened the coffin, but I can't seem to move the pillow or anything to get the newspaper. No matter where I move my mouse on the coffin, it just comes up as Shrowdy's coffin. Also, it I try the hand option, she opens the already open coffin. Is this a bug?

Thanks for the help in advance guys!

misslilo 12-25-2008 05:34 PM

As for So Blonde - a lot of people had to un-install AVG to make it work.
There's no trojan virus or anything other bad in the game.

Also you might want to update AVG AFTER the install and play of So Blonde :)

As for Vampyre Story - you may have to do other things before you can move the pillow.
If not, then moving it is a bit tricky - your hand has to be a bit off the pillow (maybe lower) to move it.

OutlawJim 12-25-2008 06:47 PM

Thanks for the info. Any idea what causes the So Blonde problem? Also what could i have missed in AVS? Hopefully I'll work it out :3

AndreaDraco83 12-26-2008 03:23 AM

The installation process of So Blonde is a real pain: I not only had to uninstall AVG but also to set the speed of my drive to 4x. Fortunately, once the game is installed, there aren't any problems or bug that would hamper your enjoyment of the game! ;)

OutlawJim 12-28-2008 03:42 PM

Thanks, I tried everything to get it working on my home computer (what I usually use for games) but couldn't so tried in my laptop, and had no problems what so ever. I feel pretty stupid not having tried that before.

Still don't have any idea what to do in AVS tho, I can't get her to move the pillow. Any ideas?

misslilo 12-28-2008 06:07 PM

Hmm, make sure you have exhausted ALL dialogs with everybody and read everything.