You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Nostradamus - poor frame rate, any fixes?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2008, 04:41 PM   #1

Default Nostradamus - poor frame rate, any fixes?

My computer surpasses the recommended specs. Most kheops games run totally smooth. This game is a bit lurchy though, and it's annoying. it takes away from the experience. I wonder if there are any simple ways to solve this.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:51 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNFknRoll View Post
My computer surpasses the recommended specs. Most kheops games run totally smooth. This game is a bit lurchy though, and it's annoying. it takes away from the experience. I wonder if there are any simple ways to solve this.
i just played the demo. and did a thread as well. in the demo you have to do the first horoscope puzzle and the performance is soo slow and the buttons inside the book aren't very responsive and you have to click them several times.

is that the problem you're experiencing? if so, i may not buy the game afterall
Old 01-31-2009, 06:50 PM   #3

Default ATI? Try this

Are either one of you using an ATI graphics card? I also had a problem with this game. Since I am running with enough graphic processing power to run 10 of these games at once (2 high end ATI cards in a crossfire configuration), I thought it was a problem with the game, until it happened with another game (Beyond the Spirits Eye). It turned out to be an ATI setting.

In the Catalyst Control Center, under the 3D settings, make sure that "AdaptiveAnti-Alising" is NOT checked (disabled) and "Catalyst A.I." IS checked (also disabled).

Hope this helps