You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems A Vampyre Story - Stuck in full version

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
Kayre

Default A Vampyre Story - Stuck in full version

Stuck already! Does anyone know how to get the key from Rufus? I have the sword under the statue, but i cant use it because rufus isnt underneath it, and i also cant ask Edgar to move for some reason?
Old 11-19-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
Schattenjäger

There are several things you need to do first.
You need to give the newspaper to Edgar ( i think you´ ll need to open the pit before you´re able to do that)

Once you´ve opened the pit, you can use Froderick with the pit to check it out, but he refuses to do so, because of the smell comin´ out of the pit.
Use the clothespin with Froderick and then use the combination Froderick/Clothespin with the pit, Froderick will fly down and find some corpse jerky.

Go back to the Raven´s Roost and use the corpse jerky from your inventory with Edgar. That will initiate a sequence which will have the result that Rufus will move to the right position, so you can throw the statue down at him and receive the key from what´s left of Rufus.
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...
Old 11-20-2008, 12:24 AM   #3

Default how

ok...where is the newspaper and where can u find another bottle of oil to oil the second hinge of the pit trap door?
Old 11-20-2008, 12:26 AM   #4
lew

How do you get the clothes pin? I've tried to click on everything using everything but i must've forgotten something, i thought i could give him the banner i found but no.

Maybe i've just become impatient, last adventure game i played was monkey island 4. Allthough i did spend 3 hours clicking on everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiua2003 View Post
ok...where is the newspaper and where can u find another bottle of oil to oil the second hinge of the pit trap door?
Use the oily nuts (from the bat-cage in the room) on the nut-cracker chair, then use your empty oil bottle and fill it up with the nut-juice.

Last edited by lew; 11-20-2008 at 12:56 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:07 AM   #5
Schattenjäger

@Lew Have a look at my first posting in this thread, it explains how you get the clothespin.

@Ovidiua
You´ll get the newspaper from Shrowdy´s coffin.

If you want to know how to open the coffin:
Barb knows one number of the code, Ozzy the fountain (on the right side of the torture chamber, beside Mona´s coffin) knows the second half. Try talking to Ozzy the fountain, it doesen´t work, because the waterflow comin´ from ozzy´s mouth is still activated. You´ll need to talk to Frankie the Rat and ask him for help. He wants something in exchange for the help though (he´s really a greedy rat , isn´t he )
Give him the fruits and nuts snack , and he´ll send someone of the "rat pack" to deactivate the water flow.
You can now talk to Ozzy, he´ll give you the 2.nd part of the combination which means you can now open the coffin and get the newspaper.
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...
Old 11-20-2008, 03:19 AM   #6
lew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy2042 View Post
@Lew Have a look at my first posting in this thread, it explains how you get the clothespin.
I opened the pit and used Froderick with it, he refused, then i went up to the clothes pin, and the raven refused to give it up. Do i have to do the newspaper thing first? Where can i find the newspaper?
Old 11-20-2008, 03:22 AM   #7
Schattenjäger

That´s right, you ´ll have to do get the newspaper first, this is how you´ll get it.

Quote:

You´ll get the newspaper from Shrowdy´s coffin.

If you want to know how to open the coffin:
Barb knows one number of the code, Ozzy the fountain (on the right side of the torture chamber, beside Mona´s coffin) knows the second half. Try talking to Ozzy the fountain, it doesen´t work, because the waterflow comin´ from ozzy´s mouth is still activated. You´ll need to talk to Frankie the Rat and ask him for help. He wants something in exchange for the help though (he´s really a greedy rat , isn´t he )
Give him the fruits and nuts snack , and he´ll send someone of the "rat pack" to deactivate the water flow.
You can now talk to Ozzy, he´ll give you the 2.nd part of the combination which means you can now open the coffin and get the newspaper.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:28 AM   #8
lew

I hate to ask, but who is barb?
Old 11-20-2008, 03:48 AM   #9

Barbara the Iron Maiden. *sigh*
Old 11-20-2008, 04:15 AM   #10
lew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsenyK View Post
Barbara the Iron Maiden. *sigh*
OOooh, i had no idea you could talk to that thing
Old 11-20-2008, 04:55 AM   #11

Default Can't get the raven to come out.

Hi guys, what do I have to do to get the raven to come out? I've got the newspaper, opened the pit, i'm really stuck.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:08 AM   #12
Schattenjäger

You need to talk to Rufus the gargoyle on the bridge , he will mention Edgar the Raven and from then on Edgar will be available.

But before that: Get the mace from the torture chamber (on the right of the entrance door) and use it with the stone gargoyles on the bridge, once you´ve done that you can talk to Rufus.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:09 AM   #13

Thanks Murphy. Had begun tearing out my hair.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:34 AM   #14

How do you mix the potions!? To get orange i need to mix yellow and red, but where!?
Old 11-20-2008, 10:46 AM   #15

what do you do witht he cat? i fed him and got his collar but now im stuck. oh and theres sticky note upstairs i used the crayon on it and can see the books but cant get the out

xxax: i saw a mixing bowl in the kitchen, maybe its that?
Old 11-20-2008, 10:48 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by loobylou26 View Post
what do you do witht he cat? i fed him and got his collar but now im stuck. oh and theres sticky note upstairs i used the crayon on it and can see the books but cant get the out

xxax: i saw a mixing bowl in the kitchen, maybe its that?
The cat mentions being tired... maybe time to talk to the rats....

But anyway, no it's not the mixing bowl in the kitchen... At least she doesn't want to take it...
Old 11-20-2008, 10:48 AM   #17
Schattenjäger

@ Batman No problem, don´t hesitate to ask

@xxax

First you have to examine (or try to take) each of the 3 beakers, so they will appear in your inventory ( i guess you did that). Then you´ll need to add sugar to the red soda. You´ll find the sugar in the great hall on the table.

Then go back to the magic potion table - now you´ve got to fill each beaker with demonic snot. Just use each of the 3 beakers with the demonic snot dispensor. When you did that you will be able to add the 3 types of soda to the beakers.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:48 AM   #18
Wu the Lotus Blossom

I'm stuck in the same place. I've tried mixing them in every possible order, the ones that contain red just won't mix! It's frustrating, especially since the green one is done.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #19
Wu the Lotus Blossom

Quote:
First you have to examine (or try to take) each of the 3 beakers, so they will appear in your inventory ( i guess you did that). Then you´ll need to add sugar to the red soda. You´ll find the sugar in the great hall on the table.

Then go back to the magic potion table - now you´ve got to fill each beaker with demonic snot. Just use each of the 3 beakers with the demonic snot dispensor. When you did that you will be able to add the 3 types of soda to the beakers.
Thank you SO much!!! You rock!
Old 11-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #20
Schattenjäger

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinutza20 View Post
I'm stuck in the same place. I've tried mixing them in every possible order, the ones that contain red just won't mix! It's frustrating, especially since the green one is done.
Looks like you forgot to add sugar from the great hall (on the table) to the red soda.