You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Dracula Resurrection and Vista 64 (EDIT: Fix inside for ATI users!)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #1

Default Dracula Resurrection and Vista 64 (EDIT: Fix inside for ATI users!)

Walmart has a disc that also contains Dracula Resurrection and Last Sanctuary on it. I just installed resurrection on Vista 64. No install issues, and game launches fine. I have a widescreen monitor, and i have an ATI video card with 8.8 drivers. My problem is that there is a flickering filter over the whole game, and once you get past the first movie of the guys and the sled in the snow, the screen is black when there is apparently something going on at the start of the game and this girl is reading a letter. I have tried running in various compatibility modes and the various settings contained inside.

I am able to navigate inside the game once gameplay starts, however that flickering filter returns and is incredibly annoying. There seems to be this "Phoenix VR" engine that runs alongside the game and maybe i have to do something with that?

Any help would be great, i anticipate similar problems with the Last Sanctuary but not Dracula 3.

EDIT: Fixed it! Dont have to adjust any compatibility options, you simply have to disable the "Catalyst A.I." option in the ATI settings. I have driver 8.8. This makes all problems go away and game works perfect!

Last edited by Kinggi; 09-07-2008 at 11:51 AM.