You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2008, 01:02 PM   #1

Default GK1 stuck on day 3

Im a big adventure gamer and always overlooked the gabriel knight series. Recently i decided to play through the whole series. I installed the game using the xp installer and got up to day 3.....couldnt figure out how to end the day. So i looked up a walkthrough and noticed that i was supposed to sell my painting to bruno the florist when he came in. He did come in on DAY 1. I tried to sell him the painting but grace denied gabriel and i wasnt given an option to say "stay out of this grace". So i kept reading that he eventually comes around. Ive stood in the room clicked on various objects, killed lots of time...he never came back. I restarted the game and got back to day 3...and this time ive never seen him....

whats going on? This is very frustrating as im really into the story and i cant seem to move forward because of this problem im having...Is this some kind of dead end? Am i supposed to do something to trigger bruno?

** when bruno walked in on day 1....gabriel had just finished using the ladder to look down graces shirt
Old 08-13-2008, 01:12 PM   #2

oddly enough....i kept clicking the look icon on the painting and bruno came walking in...i dont know how many times i did that yesterday and it didnt work....guess my game was hanging on some data
Old 08-13-2008, 01:19 PM   #3
Adventure Gamer for Life

So you got past your problem? I recall that Gabe won't sell the painting until he knows why he needs the money, but I can't recall what that's for, off-hand.

Glad you're playing the GK games, they're my favorites of all time.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:43 PM   #4

Have you been to the curio shop? There is something there that Gabriel needs to buy with that money.