You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2008, 04:35 AM   #1
KYG

Default Stuck in Space Quest 1 VGA

Ok, I've just left Ulence Flats in my new spaceship and headed for the DG sector. I run into the Sarien ship and decide to leave the ship. Then I flot off and die and it mentions and a jetpack. I looked at a bunch of walkthroughs and they say you get it from the guy who offers to buy your skimmer (after rejecting him once). I never had him approach me a second time. I rejected him, went in the bar and when I came out my skimmer was gone.

Am I at a dead end? I don't think it possible to go back once you're in the spaceship, if I don't put a code in the droid runs into an asteroid and even if I could go back the guy stole the skimmer, he's not gonna offer again. I think I might have a save back on that planet but it's after the guy made stole the skimmer. Is there anyway to get the jetpack besides him? Or am I screwed?
Old 08-02-2008, 10:14 AM   #2
KYG

I've now moved onto Space Quest 5 and it's dead-ended me again. I need the anti-acid tablets from the tool box. And I remember grabbing them, pushing them to "put in inventory" and getting the little *ding* for points being awarded. But they aren't in my inventory and they aren't in the toolbox anymore. So I can't keep the alien in the jar and can't move forward in the game. Man, this is a buggy series.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:41 AM   #3
Retired Buccaneer

SQ1: the reason your skimmer disappears is because the alien steals it! You need to think about a way to deter thieves before you enter the bar. Perhaps not leaving the engine running might help?

Once you've secured your car skimmer, go in the bar and back out. He should be more eager to buy now.

If you don't have a save before the skimmer was stolen, though, you're out of luck. Good old Sierra's dead-end policy... the only recourse is to save as often as possible.

As for SQ5, did you use the LOOK icon on all your inventory items?
Old 08-03-2008, 12:14 AM   #4
KYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMachine View Post
As for SQ5, did you use the LOOK icon on all your inventory items?
Yeah, just describes what I've got:

Buckazoid, part from Android, lazer cutter, hole punch.