You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Black Mirror disc has no Starforce code!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #1

Default Black Mirror disc has no Starforce code!

I recently purchased a sealed Black Mirror box. There is no Starforce code anywhere on it or the CD and I can't play the game without it. I've googled for a solution and a number of people have had the same problem. Since I bought the game I'm not adverse to ANY means around this. I think it's abominable that not only are we expected to validate our purchases but that they have been so slipshod about it. I may have bought my last Adventure Company game.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #2

The code comes on a separate card.

I suppose you can eMail The Adventure Company and see what they have to say about it.

I have the game and can give you the codes that came with mine, perhaps they'll work - there are two. eMail me and I'll let you know what they are.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:57 PM   #3
Super Moderator

I have the budget jewel case version and mine was also on a separate white card. It was in the jewel case. It might be tucked in the manual.

Or, an even easier solution is on the support page for Black Mirror at the TAC page:

http://www.adventurecompanygames.com...1&sid=11&gid=7

They have some for those who don't have them. (hopefully one of those works)
Old 06-05-2008, 01:35 PM   #4

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. Shortly after I posted I looked at Adventure Co. support and fearing I'd have to deal with sending an email(s) was astonished to see that they actually posted the codes! There must have been a lot of unhappy people who like me did not get an insert with the code. For future reference, the firsr code listed did the trick.

Thanks again.