Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Dracula: Origin Hints (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/22619-dracula-origin-hints.html)

tastebud 05-30-2008 05:59 AM

Dracula: Origin Hints

First Room:

Once you have aquired the
Spoiler:
4 newpaper documents talking about 'Melford Manor', 'McAllistair', 'Perry', 'Basinsstoke' you have to open the map of london behind the drapes.

once you're looking on the map, take the pencil and connect the sites of the crime with the direction the phantom vanished as spelled out in the newspaper article:

Basingstoke site -> victoria station
Melford site -> national gallery
mcallistair site -> st.george cathedral
perry site -> tate art gallery

then click with the pencil on the site where all the 4 lines intersect. this will enable you to move to the new location.

mosdl 05-30-2008 10:38 AM

Don't forget, pressing space activates the snoop feature (the intro sequence that shows what keys do what went away really fast for me).

misslilo 05-30-2008 11:20 AM

Bah, I'm stuck!

Spoiler:
The one with "The demon is everywhere: in the eye of a spider, serpent, toad and the wolves"

Just have no clues which ones to exclude or include.. :)

EDIT:
Nevermind, I figured it out from Dracula Origins own forum :D
Spoiler:
spider, serpent, toad, wolf under spider, wolf left of horse and wolf under horse

BUT, now of course I don't know how to
Spoiler:
get past the caretaker in the kitchen. Tried everything on him - have I missed something?

Edit: Seems I missed an item from a cross in cemetery to catch the flies.

DustyShinigami 05-30-2008 02:18 PM

Haven't a clue how to do
Spoiler:
St. Peter's Judgement. Me and my brother have been trying to figure it out by adding, multiplying and dividing all the years but to no avail. :crazy: :frusty:

Pity you can't save. I wouldn't have minded coming back to these puzzles and trying again. As it is, it looks like i'll have to cheat means i don't want to go through the demo again.

misslilo 05-31-2008 01:47 AM

Has anyone
Spoiler:
gotten the book open yet?
I can't seem to find the right combo for the gems..

Edit: Nevermind, found out how to.
Spoiler:
Seems the Gems light up, when they are in the correct position.

misslilo 05-31-2008 02:46 AM

@Alucard

If you mean the one, where you have to
Spoiler:
find the right amount of stones to drop for sins - then just remember, that the first one about wrath is times 3 :)
And the second about the conceited is NOT from the total of the wrath guys.
From there on out it should be a piece of cake

That is of course, if I remember it right :P

tastebud 05-31-2008 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alucard (Post 470322)
Haven't a clue how to do
Spoiler:
St. Peter's Judgement. Me and my brother have been trying to figure it out by adding, multiplying and dividing all the years but to no avail. :crazy: :frusty:

Pity you can't save. I wouldn't have minded coming back to these puzzles and trying again. As it is, it looks like i'll have to cheat means i don't want to go through the demo again.

the answer to this riddle is:

spoiler:
Spoiler:
1825 (300, 300, 600, 625)

misslilo 05-31-2008 06:05 AM

Rats - I'm never good with safe puzzles.

Spoiler:
In the dutches room:
I always turn the dials wrong way around or something. Which way should I start?
Nevermind - Sheesh, I thought the handle was only clicked at the end of the number sequence!

Alright, so I finished the game. Kind of short and easy enough, if you just think a bit.. :P

bbbooo 05-31-2008 11:59 AM

Im Stuuuuuuck

IN the cemetary is a enigm i cant do.

The demon is everywhere: in the eye of the spider, the serpent, the toad and the wolves.

Can you help me plz.

Melanie68 05-31-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbooo (Post 470408)

The demon is everywhere: in the eye of the spider, the serpent, the toad and the wolves.

Can you help me plz.

Check out post #3 in this thread. I think your answer is there. :)

tastebud 06-01-2008 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbooo (Post 470408)

Can you help me plz.

its easy enough if you:

Spoiler:
snake, spider, toad is easy. the trick with the wolves is that you have to look for a wolf looking thing WITHOUT a collar. if it has a collar, then its considered a dog

youfightlikeadairyfarmer 06-02-2008 07:06 AM

I'm having trouble early on in the cemetery

Spoiler:
I can't access the shed, there's a combination lock, right? Well, I found the grave and got the ages with the rake, but I can't access the combination lock, he just says Closed! I snoop for another hot spot but it's the only one.

Melanie68 06-02-2008 07:26 AM

That one got me too.
Spoiler:
You need to trigger him remarking on the ages. Keep scraping. I kept scraping the dates but scrape around there too.

kecko 06-05-2008 07:53 AM

who don't know to play dracula origin .see thislink http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/...culaorigin.htm you very much about game .can be a-z. hahahahaha

Dixsept 06-05-2008 03:33 PM

Help, please!

Hello to everybody! Can you help me! Please!
I`m playing Dracula-demo, and I have a problem, what I should do with the map? I drew lines, pointing the places, discribed in the papers: Southwark Bridge,St. George`s Church, Euston road, New Kent Road
may be I must do smth else?

Melanie68 06-05-2008 03:50 PM

Did you connect the places with the direction Dracula was going? If so, point to where you think they are intersecting.

Dixsept 06-05-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanie68 (Post 470795)
Did you connect the places with the direction Dracula was going? If so, point to where you think they are intersecting.

Thank you!:)

ZEK 06-07-2008 10:02 AM

puzzle

Hi felas! Could somobody help me with Demon is everewere puzzle, plz?!

KriD 06-07-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEK (Post 470992)
Hi felas! Could somobody help me with Demon is everewere puzzle, plz?!

You mean the one at the cemetary right? The one with the eyes?

Spoiler:
The clue lies with the wolves. Maybe not everyone that looks like one, really are a wolf.

I'm stuck at the hieroglyphs puzzle at the museum. Does anyone know if there's a hint to solve this puzzle, or is it just guessing?

ZEK 06-07-2008 02:42 PM

KriD!
Yeah thats what I ment... do you know how to solve that puzzle?