You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #21

yes I do

I left a little hint for you. if you mark the text where it stands spoiler you should see it..

If that didn't help, I can give a new hint.

Spoiler:
Not all the wolves should get red eyes. Two of them have something on them that separates them from the others.

Good luck!

Last edited by KriD; 06-07-2008 at 03:59 PM. Reason: typing error
Old 06-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #22
Super Moderator

Also, in this thread, Post #3 has the outright solution and Post #11 has part of a solution and a hint as well for the Demon is Everywhere part of the graveyard puzzle.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:13 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by doron View Post
Don't forget, pressing space activates the snoop feature (the intro sequence that shows what keys do what went away really fast for me).
What intro sequence is that? How do you see it?

EDIT: ah, it's in the demo, not the full game..

Last edited by Aurebesh; 06-23-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:28 AM   #24

help me plz...for this puzzle-demon is everywhere in the eyes of toad,serpent and snkaes the wolves..
Old 06-26-2008, 05:01 AM   #25
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyan View Post
help me plz...for this puzzle-demon is everywhere in the eyes of toad,serpent and snkaes the wolves..
Quote:
Originally Posted by misslilo View Post
Spoiler:
spider, serpent, toad, wolf under spider, wolf left of horse and wolf under horse
As already answered in the 3rd post. I did comment on the problem with this puzzle in my review.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 06-27-2008, 10:30 AM   #26

thanks for the help..but iam again stuck in a place where u hav to turn 12 dials(in N E W S and all direction)..i tried to solve it..i found this combination "n,se,e,e,n,n,s,se,n,se,e,se..i tried it..is it right..wat to do next???
Old 06-27-2008, 11:13 AM   #27
Caffein Queen

You walk in those directions the amount of times you see on the dial.

Oops, nevermind - that was another puzzle, lol.

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 06-27-2008, 05:59 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslilo View Post
You walk in those directions the amount of times you see on the dial.

Oops, nevermind - that was another puzzle, lol.

can u help me to solve the puzzle
Old 06-28-2008, 04:05 AM   #29

Quote:
thanks for the help..but iam again stuck in a place where u hav to turn 12 dials(in N E W S and all direction)..i tried to solve it..i found this combination "n,se,e,e,n,n,s,se,n,se,e,se..i tried it..is it right..wat to do next???
You're totally not in the direction.
Spoiler:
There is a safe in the salon, where you find part of the dials.
On that safe is a compass, in the bottom of the safe there are switches which you must adjust as the dials.
n-north
se-south east
e-east
s-south

i think the right order is - first come the dials from salon, then the library

good luck.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:38 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Infiltrator- View Post
You're totally not in the direction.
Spoiler:
There is a safe in the salon, where you find part of the dials.
On that safe is a compass, in the bottom of the safe there are switches which you must adjust as the dials.
n-north
se-south east
e-east
s-south

i think the right order is - first come the dials from salon, then the library

good luck.
thanks for the help..but i didnt get exactly wat to do...
i hav entered the house through the tunnel from graveyard...in the basement there is one plate with compass and 12 dials and first floor also there is one...wat to do next..there is a secret door in the stairway..i made a key and entered and there are tight door...i dont know how to open..iam totally stuck
Old 06-28-2008, 08:42 AM   #31
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
The safe will automatically open once you've set the dials to the correct combination. The combination is split into two halves. Check your journal to see which is referred as the first half to make sure you have the combination the right way round.

Cold Topic

Old 06-28-2008, 10:17 AM   #32

can u tell me the exact codes plz
Old 06-28-2008, 10:33 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
The safe will automatically open once you've set the dials to the correct combination. The combination is split into two halves. Check your journal to see which is referred as the first half to make sure you have the combination the right way round.
Check which journal???actually i didnt get it..please can u tell me the correct combination..i tried lot of combination...and how to open the second door in secret passage(opened by making wooden key and there is hole with stakes in the hole)
Old 06-28-2008, 10:55 PM   #34
Freeware Co-ordinator

You can't open the room in the hidden passage without opening the safe.

I don't know where you got the combination you found but it doesn't look right either way around. Check the Reports section of your journal. That is where the two halves of the combination will be written if you've picked them up properly.

To get the correct combination.

Step 1
Spoiler:
Grab the paper from the room upstairs with the second safe panel (on the right from the landing)

Step 2
Spoiler:
Use sheets of paper on the strange arrangement of rectangles on both safe panels. You'll end up with two sheets of paper with holes cut in them.

Step 3
Spoiler:
Use the sheets of paper with holes on the phrase shown opposite safe panel (i.e. the downstairs holes on the upstairs panel and vice versa) If you do this right (click when you've got it aligned) you should get a set of directions from each. These will be entered in the reports section of the journal.

Step 4
Spoiler:
Combine the two sets of directions to get the complete combination to the downstairs safe.

If you really can't do all that then the combination should be.
Spoiler:
SE E N SE N SE, N E N S SE E

Cold Topic

Old 06-29-2008, 07:53 AM   #35

Thanks a lot man...i forgot to click i think...i will try this out..

Edited - wow.. thanks worked..

Last edited by Kalyan; 06-29-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:47 PM   #36

Default i need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok
where is this journal you are speaking of i am in the house i cannot get through the hidden door and i have no idea how to unlock the safes i tried getting through the hidden door on the stairs but it will not let me make a key i am so confused please help
Old 09-03-2008, 11:39 AM   #37
Freeware Co-ordinator

The journal is Van Helsing's journal. You'll have used it already with such things as the newspaper clippings from the first puzzle. It's part of the interface rather than an inventory item.

The solution to the safe puzzle is laid out step by step above. You'll need to get a number of components scattered over the house to make a new key. When you've got everything you need you can make it in the basement.

Cold Topic

Old 09-06-2008, 10:51 PM   #38

Quote:
I'm stuck at the hieroglyphs puzzle at the museum. Does anyone know if there's a hint to solve this puzzle, or is it just guessing?
Not completely. After spending the entire day with this puzzle I was able to figure it out, finally.

A lot of people have said this puzzle is impossible to figure out without using the walkthrough. No - don't listen - it's not! Some have said it isn't possible without looking up egyptian hieroglyphics on google. Uh-uh. Didn't work for me. If anything, it only confused me and made it harder for me to solve the puzzle. I was able to find a lot of the actual egyptian symbols for most of the words using the internet and they looked nothing like the ones used in the game.

So here is my advice, what finally worked for me, for solving the puzzle without cheating by using a walkthrough:

Spoiler:
The key to solving this puzzle is to try to form sentences with the words they give. There are three rows of symbols going across and each of those rows make a sentence. You'll have to imagine where some definite adjectives, conjunctions and other "small" words fit in in order for the sentences to make sense.

For instance, look at the bank of words and you'll see you have the words "hidden" and "under." If you're trying to form a coherent sentence, it will make sense that "hidden" comes right before "under" so you have "hidden under." But hidden under what? Look at your bank of words and try to think logically about what word would come after "under." How about the word "Altar?" That seems the most reasonable right - "hidden under (the) Altar." But don't be so quick to conclude that as your answer. Because it might even make more sense if you put the word "north" before the word "Altar" to make the sentence - "hidden under (the) north altar" Now that sounds right!

Trying to figure out where the words go by paying attention to the symbols won't do much good because, except for a few, the symbols hardly ever look like the words and so that might confuse you. However, looking at the notes scribbled by some of the symbols in the book will give you a good idea where some of the words go. For instance, The symbol for "north" is pretty obvious and so is the symbol for "blood". So place some of the obvious answers given in the notes first and then work around creating sentences with those words.

If you do this, you might have to ticker around a lot still, but eventually you'll create the right sentences to solve the puzzle - and you won't feel like you cheated by using a walkthrough!

At last, this is a VERY HARD puzzle. One of the hardest puzzles I've come across in an adventure game. Took me the full day to finally figure out. Even with this hint, it may take you a few hours, so be patient and keep trying.

Last edited by Puzzler; 09-06-2008 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 09-14-2008, 07:18 AM   #39

Hey all, I think I'm bugged. I am at the part where
Spoiler:
I have to destroy Dracula's coffin.
I made it this far without help but after about 2 hours on this spot I grabbed a walkthrough. It says that I should
Spoiler:
use the axe to destroy Dracula's coffin..but I don't have the axe in my inventory. I am fairly sure that it disappeared back when I smashed the seeker head.

Is the walkthrough correct..and if so does anyone have a save somewhere around this spot they could send me? If not I'm going to just uninstall this one as it's too long to replay.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:02 AM   #40

Jtoast,
Spoiler:
you should talk to Igor again and you should see the axe in front of him.

I hope this will help you.