You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
MaStER of DaRkNeSs

Default Overclocked: Loud DVD spin up?

Has anyone noticed their Overclocked: A History of Violence DVD spinning up very loud when first starting the game and in certain loading areas? None of my other games do this, I was just wondering if Overclocked had a very high spin speed or something? It might be just my disk....it plays fine....
Old 05-26-2008, 01:07 AM   #2

Yes I've noticed it too.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:29 AM   #3

Its funny isnt it, when we notice something different, we worry. My ps3 used to worry me, because certain games would cause a higher disk noise/fan increase. I guess every game just uses different methods of loading. My guess on this game is that the loud spinning is just the game getting all the data loaded ASAP so that the wait isn't too long. Its a payoff: louder disk spin, but faster data load. I wouldn't worry anyway!
Old 05-26-2008, 06:53 AM   #4
MaStER of DaRkNeSs

Thanks guys! I guess its nothing to worry about.

Coincidentally, my PS3 used to worry me at first as well. Everyone online was saying how "silent" it was, but I could always hear mine a bit. I used to wonder whether mine was faulty or something. However, when I went to friends and his sounded exactly the same, I knew it was all fine!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #5

There's a free utility called DriveSpeed from Nero that lets you manually limit your drive's spin speed.