Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   overclocked problem.. or not??? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/22360-overclocked-problem-not.html)

dnk2001 04-15-2008 03:22 AM

overclocked problem.. or not???

my problem is that I don't hear speech, only have subtitles.

I looked everywhere and couldn't find is this normal or not..

please help, game looks great, but sometimes I can't read all subtitles so I don't know what they said.

EDIT:

I have background music, but no voice of actors.

dnk2001 04-16-2008 12:47 AM

anyone????

I'm playing english version.. but if you played german question is the same.. does the actors in game have voice when they speak??? I dont' hear conversation, I only can read subtitles.

ssa 04-16-2008 03:29 AM

Hi!

I probably shouldn't be the one answering this, cause I'm not a tech wiz. Also I don't no anything about problems concerning this game and I haven't played it myself (yet).

But, since you've had lots of viewings on the thread but no answers. And feeling sorry for anyone having to miss out on the sound...Here's a start for you:

:D Probably the most common problem with games!
Solution: update drivers! If you need help with that you need to tell what sound card you have.

dnk2001 04-16-2008 08:41 AM

thanx for replay... :D

I don't have problems with sound card.. I can hear the music and FX in game, but not speech.. in settings you can choose speech, but nothing happens.

misslilo 04-16-2008 08:51 AM

Hmm, where did you get it from?
Could be speech files are missing in the install....

ssa 04-16-2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnk2001 (Post 466065)
thanx for replay... :D

I don't have problems with sound card.. I can hear the music and FX in game, but not speech.. in settings you can choose speech, but nothing happens.

Even so, might still be that the drivers need updating...worth a check.

Amerzone 05-06-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnk2001 (Post 466065)
I can hear the music and FX in game, but not speech.. in settings you can choose speech, but nothing happens.

You mean that you can't move the slider to the right?!

misslilo 05-07-2008 08:37 AM

Not sure if this is the solution, but someone said to copy the resource.200 file from DVD 2 to the game folder.

And what the others said... even if you don't have problems with other sounds, then sometimes games need the newest driver.
At the same time update DirectX.