You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2008, 11:57 AM   #1

Default Cannot install Dead Reefs

Hey there:
I have just purchased Dead Reefs and when I insert the disk and the auto install screen comes up, I select the install and after a few minutes, the auto installer stops responding. I had to restart my computer and went onto the disk itself and double-clicked the setup but had the same problem. I cleaned the disk, but it didn't help. I have an Acer dual-core Intel 3.0GHz processor, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT, Integrated Realtek High Definition Audio and Vista operating system. My computer is only a few months old so I'm not that familiar with Vista to go picking around without help. The game stats say it can run on Vista, but I'm not so sure. If anyone else has had this problem and resolved it, could you let me know what you did? Or if anyone has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:37 AM   #2

Default Found problem

Hey there,

I found my problem with my Dead Reefs game, just in case someone else has the same problem. Turns out that the game's Autorun program just takes forever to respond. I had to wait 10-15 mins after clicking on 'Install' before the game would even enter into the Setup screen. After 5-10 mins later, the game finally installed and seems to be running fine.