You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2008, 08:58 AM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jn1 View Post
You can only ask a certain amount of questions per person per day, and it feels quite random sometimes whether a question will be the "right" one or not to progress the story. If you get the questioning wrong then you have to go to another place, question someone else, then somewhere else till she has to go home, then she has to go out will her friend and gossips. Then you go back to the same places and ask some more. Got repetitive after a while.
You say she has to go out with her friends and gossip, but I'm stuck right now. It's nightime and I'm in her apartment. Problem is she doesn't want to go to sleep, and if I click on the map to go somewhere else, she says she can't. Whenever I try to call someone in the contacts list on the PA it says I can't. How am I supposed to continue with the game?

I like that the game doesn't hold your hand, but some of the game mechanics don't seem very intuitive to me. I finished the
Spoiler:
image of the butterfly puzzle in that section on the computer, but TBH, like with the other puzzles I just happened to place my cursor inside the image box because I didn't know what else to do to figure it out.

Right now, I'm not sure where to go and the diary isn't very helpful either. My last diary entry says something like;
Spoiler:
I've found 3 images of the butterfly, now I can put my computer to use in the 3D software!
I've done this but the text in the diary is still red, meaning I haven't completed that task. As I said I don't want to be told exactly what to do, but some type of clue would be nice.

I'm not familiar with this genre all that well, so it could be something I'm missing. If this is the case I'd appreciate it if someone could clue me in.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #2
Jn1

If she won't go out you might need to change first.

Are you sure you completed the 3d puzzle correctly? You can place them all in there but they have to be in the correct places (top, left bottom etc) then you will be able to press the button to get the new image.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:43 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I finally figured out to watch the TV, duh! After that I was able to go to sleep and go back to the office the next day.

As to the 3D puzzle. I can't think of any other combinations of the 3 images. I just tried it seems like every one I can use, and still if I try to click on "reconstruct" nothing happens.

Spoiler:
But I am pretty dumb so that could have something to do with all this confusion on my part. I couldn't figure out how to get in the Russian guys office at his store, and finally figured out to use the card I picked up at his house. Again DUH! I did figure out the rubick cube fairly quickly though and then put 2 and 2 together and went back to the Russian guys house and got the safe opened. Rather proud of myself with that one!

I think a lot of my problems are related to me not being used to games like this. You do have to think "outside the box" in games like this and I'm definately not used to that.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:59 AM   #4
Jn1

There might be 4 images acually. The one I didn't find without a walkthrough was..
Spoiler:
the one in the subway.

TBH though, I think Culpa Innata is not the best game to start with if you haven't played Adventures before..might put you off. There are far better games around, as long as you don't mind dated graphics, although there are some recent ones worth playing. I mentioned Beneath a Steel Sky before as a recommendation, but I just played through it again and wasn't as impressed as when I first played it. Must have been about 10 or so then. Didn't like it much this play through

Last edited by Jn1; 02-16-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:57 PM   #5

Ok I'm going out of my mind. I'm at Sophia Capello's office and I need to turn on the juice. I've fixed the fuse but when I go to the top fuse box, no matter what I do, when I exit the screen everything is in red and I can't go anywhere.

I even went to the walkthrough which says to "turn back to green the bottom of the 3 tubes of section A." I've done this but it still doesn't work. To me the logical thing to do would be to turn all sections back to green, but I have no idea how to do that. And I can't see any visual or hear any audio clues about how to do this. Is it just a random clicking until I "get it"?

If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:54 AM   #6
Jn1

Spoiler:
This is one of the annoying ones because theres no way of knowing you have to remember the positions. I think the puzzle is to first turn off the power so that you can access the other fuse box, then set the fuses in exactly the same way they were before you turned off the power.

If you don't want to reload you can probably work it out from what the walkthrough says. You have to have the bottom 3 of A lit, and then try variations on that till you power on. I think its 1 from each of the other sections. If you can reload to before you did the puzzle, note down the locations of them all, then do it. Might be some clues in the PA. Or reload, and try as it is in the walkthrough:

"Click the top electrical control panel and click again to open it. Make all the tubes on top right (section A) all red by clicking to red the bottom tube. Exit panel.

Click the bottom fuse panel and see that one fuse is off. Click to make complete fuse connection. Exit panel. Click the top electrical control panel again and turn back to green the bottom of the 3 tubes of section A. Exit panel. Yes, got it!"

Last edited by Jn1; 02-17-2008 at 04:15 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #7

Thanks Jn. I find the walkthrough's explanation kind of confusing although I certainly commend the author for doing it in the first place. It always amazes me that someone would take the time and effort to write one, as I don't believe there's any financial gain for the author.

As usual, it was my own fault for not figuring this one out, as the solution was in the diary section! Up to this point there was no help for puzzles in the diary, and I never thought to look there.

I played a bit of the Dreamfall demo last night as I had downloaded it before purchasing Innata, and was immediately struck at the superior production values and overall quality of the game compared to Culpa Innata. Not to say Innatas a bad game, I intend to finish it before I move on to something else, but I'm starting to wish I had purchased Dreamfall first with the little cash I'm able to spend on games. Ah well you live and learn.

Anyways, I still find the story in Culpa Innata fascinating so we'll see how it goes. I apologize to this forum for not putting my last post in spoiler tags and glad they moved the thread here as I wasn't aware that there was a separate hints section of these boards.

Again, thanks for all your help.