You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2008, 11:05 PM   #1

Default Nine Princes in Amber

The earlier version was for the Commodore 64 by two years approximately and has better colors (for the 1980's). There is also a Spanish version that I do not know the original date and release information, but I have seen screen shots and they are much nicer for an (XMS) machine I think it is called. They look like VGA graphics and would have been nice to see a VGA version conversion to english as the one they had! Another idea would be for someone to get the copyrights and make a full color version, and maybe redo the entire game updated, or a company to make a brand new game of The Nine Princes in Amber with up to date graphics!

Most of all, there are tens of thousands of variations according to the back of the box and article write ups about the game, and 40 various endings! Does anyone have any clues as to the game or walkthroughs different than the only two that I have been able to find online?

I have only found one by EShultz (popularly found) and another by an unknoan author with more tips and clues, a larger but still vague walkthrough. Anyone played this game have any clues, tips, hints, answers to variations in play and how to get to other various game endings they could share? (FEEL FREE TO POST OR EMAIL ME WITH ANYTHING)

There are several places online to download the c64 more colorful version of the 80's and also the poor color version for pc's that amazingly enought came out two years later in 1987. The PC version there is no disk changing, and no need to attach each disk to the emulator to load them. But the c64 version is a lot more fun seeing color. There is a few parts in the game that have glitches I should forwarn people about however. That is the part on disk2 or otherwise after Corwin is with Julian (if you get to that part and do things that lead to this situation) that the picture of Random does not load properly when you say "follow random" if and when you are leaving Julian. The connand to be used is: PICTURESOFF and after that part then typing PICTURESON to restore and no be stuck on the one partially loaded picture of Random.

UnityOfGoals
Old 02-10-2008, 12:16 AM   #2

Wow, I read all those books decades ago. I would love to see a modern game with up to date graphics and interface based on those books. Of course, as you unlocked characters and locations, you could add to your tarot deck and walking the pattern would make for some great puzzle opportunities! I can see a kind of TLJ/Dreamfall scenario where you can play different characters and switch between worlds, all converging as the story develops. Sign me up!