You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2008, 02:38 PM   #1

Default Indigo Prophecy for the PS2 glitch?

I'm not sure how anyone can solve this, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway. I've searched the forum and haven't found anything similar so here goes. I've played till Lucas has to escape from Agatha's house...then the cut scene...but after that the screen goes blank I've tried going a chapter back and redoing it....I've tried to redo the chapter without the saves...I've even started back from the beginning and redid the whole darn thing but every time I get to this point NOTHING...the screen just goes blank. I can access Lucas' stats...but nothing else. Any suggestions?? Otherwise I have to trash the game. OH and a side note: I'm using a PS3 to play the PS2 game...and I've tried several different discs with the same result.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
One for the road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkatrpn View Post
OH and a side note: I'm using a PS3 to play the PS2 game...and I've tried several different discs with the same result.
I'd say that's your problem right there. Regardless of the stability of backwards compatibility in general, the PS3's PS2 emulation depends on the model you have:

I presume it's NTSC, so:

20GB and 60GB models: Hardware PS2 support.

40GB: None whatsoever.

80GB: Software emulation (and therefore limited).

If it's a PAL model, we never got PS2 hardware support at all, only software emulation. And like the NTSC 40GB model, the PAL version has none.

If you have software emulation, I'd say that's the cause. Even if you have hardware emulation, the game might just glitch anyway.

You'd have to try it on an actual PS2 to be sure.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:36 PM   #3

That's what I kinda figured. I appreciate the response. I'll try it on my PS2 and see what happens.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #4

Just to let everyone know, in case you were wondering, LimpingFish hit the nail on the head. I started again from the beginning, but this time on my Ps2 and it played beautifully. Awesome game!! thanks again for your help
Old 02-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #5
One for the road?

Glad to hear it worked out.