You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2007, 12:18 PM   #1

Default Anyone Heard Of This/Know about it

Right i got a lot of adventure games right and i bought 2 new ones called Culpa Innatra & DARKNESS WITHIN: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder.Both of these games require minimum 128mb graphics card right.

Now my confusion comes when i play this on me 64mb card.And surprisingly enough they both work.Ok not perfectly soon as they come on.But once i gain control on both of these games gameplay is acceptable - good.Now how come i can play these games on my crappy graphics card when min requirements are saying 128mb graphics card minimum.Some one got any advice cause its like me pc been given upgrade and my graphics card cant be upgraded
Old 11-26-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
Monkeyboy

er... what exactly is the problem? seems to me you should be happy enough being able to run the games on lousy 64mb. my guess is the "minimum" requirements are actually "recommended" requirements. the stuff you need to get the games up and running at maximum performance, you digg?
Old 11-26-2007, 06:22 PM   #3

Well sorry dude i wernt really complainin but i thought id ask here as.Ive read the minimum system requirements and both say minimum of a 128mb graphics card.Now in the past this would mean i cannot play the game but these 2 im quite suprised.I have gaming desktop pc as well with 256mb video card.But i thought id post here if any other 64mb graphics card users wanna play the game to
Old 11-26-2007, 06:30 PM   #4
Monkeyboy

I'm sorry dude, it's that time of month you know. you know.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:33 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathall1 View Post
Well sorry dude i wernt really complainin but i thought id ask here as.Ive read the minimum system requirements and both say minimum of a 128mb graphics card.Now in the past this would mean i cannot play the game but these 2 im quite suprised.I have gaming desktop pc as well with 256mb video card.But i thought id post here if any other 64mb graphics card users wanna play the game to
My old laptop from a few years ago had an 8MB video card (yes, 8!) and I remember playing a few adventure games that had 16MB minimum card requirements (and even one 32MB requirement game).

I'm not sure why that is in some cases but it's always a nice surprise when it happens.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:44 PM   #6

Yeh i had nice suprise when i installed these 2 games and they both worked.This mean i got Culpa,Darkness Within,Next Life & Fm 2008 (football management sim) to play now.I collect a lot of adventure games i must have around 60 + some ive completed like syberia,still life,loch ness,& Paradise to name but a few.I seem to have so many more ive yet to get through though