You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Gabriel Knight 1 Help with snake skins

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 03:09 PM   #1

Default Gabriel Knight 1 Help with snake skins

I'm on day 5 and my problem is that I don't have the snake skin from the Moonbeam lady and now it says shes gone.

Is it still possible to continue somehow? If not, does someone have a save for day 5 or even 4. I have the cd version and installed it with the XP installer.

Thanks
Old 11-17-2007, 03:46 AM   #2

You don't need it. You won't get a perfect score at the end, but that's the only bad consequence.

(I don't think there are dead-ends in GK3)
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 11-17-2007, 04:30 AM   #3

I thought I needed them to make mosley reopen the case?

And I'm talking about Gabriel knight 1, not 3.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:54 AM   #4

Yes, I meant GK1. And no, you don't need a scale from Moonbeam's snake to re-open the case. You might need one from another snake, though...
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 11-17-2007, 05:39 AM   #5

Are you sure? I have two other scales (from the fortune teller and Dr. Johns snake) but they look different and I have tryid to give them to Mosley and nothing much happens.

Edit: Ah I found the missing scale, sorry for bothering and thanks. I guess I got a little paranoid after hearing I could miss something and get stuck.

Last edited by Carnera; 11-17-2007 at 05:47 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:11 PM   #6
Adventurer

Just so you're aware it IS possible to get a dead end in GK1, but it's on day 10 but I think they give you fair warning that you are passing the point of no return. Just make sure you've covered all your bases (or keep a savegame at the beginning of day 10) and you should be safe.